Chain reaction cycles

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I asked CRC a question about the year model and colour of an item that was poorly described in the ad and had no photograph.

They reply “This item is stored and shipped from a facility we have no access to, unfortunately we cannot check the item and get the details you require.”

How the fuck can you store it and ship it if you can’t access it ? Fuckers.

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
I asked CRC a question about the year model and colour of an item that was poorly described in the ad and had no photograph.

They reply “This item is stored and shipped from a facility we have no access to, unfortunately we cannot check the item and get the details you require.”

Don't leave us hanging, what is the item?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I haven’t bought anything from the states for years & years. What’s the go these days - shipping pricey?
Shipping can be ridiculous, I've ended up not buying a lot of stuff because of getting to the checkout and being hit with $US120 postage for $US250 of items. Their postal system is shit

teK--

Eats Squid
Shipping can be ridiculous, I've ended up not buying a lot of stuff because of getting to the checkout and being hit with $US120 postage for $US250 of items. Their postal system is shit

It didn't used to be that bad... I think it's a case of the vendor now being lazy and using a one size fits all price for postage.

I.e. you want to buy one $2.00 part that weighs less than the coin, and they want to charge you a fixed rate of $20 for postage... no common sense.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
It didn't used to be that bad... I think it's a case of the vendor now being lazy and using a one size fits all price for postage.

I.e. you want to buy one $2.00 part that weighs less than the coin, and they want to charge you a fixed rate of $20 for postage... no common sense.
Worst than that pricing has been $US50 minimum

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It wouldn't have anything to do with privatised system. It's always been costly, but recent times it is very noticable. A lot of snowboarding stuff that I have passed on because of postage costs.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

It could be drop-shipped from a remote warehouse, or trucked in when there is an order, so that could explain CS knowing FA about it.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It could be drop-shipped from a remote warehouse, or trucked in when there is an order, so that could explain CS knowing FA about it.
Fair enough. Says in stock but I don’t expect the CS guy to go and check himself but surely if someone can go and get it to send then they can go and check what exactly it is !

Travis22

Likes Dirt

My last few CRC orders have come from Australia... inc. 510 shoes, shimano parts, alpinestars etc. Sadest bit is that the orders which ship directly from Australia take longer to be delivered then the packages ive had shipped in the passed from the UK or wherever CRC is / was pre the takeover.

Travis.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think they send stuff from their cheaper off shore warehouses in big book packages to a central depot, break them up, and forward them on. A bit like the way they are returned as well, via the Australian return address wiggle established a while ago.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and the race is on! Yesterday I ordered a few parts from Jenson and CRC within minutes of each other. Jenson have got my order packed and sent already. I think they are going to win this race..
Chain reaction finally joining the competition...parcel dispatched today, 2 days after Jenson.
I have a parcel waiting for me at the post office...
...and it is as though we don't even need to ask how this has turned out, Jenson by a few lengths! Once again I'm pretty impressed with their efforts - order Sunday night and receive the following Friday. They really are hard to beat. Now for the postage price question...I think they take the standard sized box approach, otherwise there could be some good savings by cutting down on the amount of air they posted me!

DSC_2930~2.JPG

Post office open on the weekend?
It wasn't the kind of weekend whereon can make it to the post office...I worked pretty much the same hours they were open.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Shipped the 14th of August. According to Aus post tracking it's not even in Australia yet. So still waiting......

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Shipped the 14th of August. According to Aus post tracking it's not even in Australia yet. So still waiting......
Don't trust aus post. Does the UK tracking show it as having been handed over to the local delivery agent (or whatever) ?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My saga of crc vs Jenson all wrapped up yesterday when my crc parcel arrived. Jenson smashed them out of the park!

Travis22

Likes Dirt
No, only the electronic shipment details have been lodged.
Contact Australia post by phone and query the package.

Same thing happened to me with my last CRC order 2-3 weeks ago. Only got an australia post tracking number/link... the link never updated beyond the first ‘update’ - “shipping details approved by australia post”.

After a week i msg’d crc, they said australia post has it, i called australia post and they said they dont have it.

Within an hour of my phone call to Australia post all of a sudden there was a flurry of activity with the tracking. Parcel landed in destination country, processed through aus post facility, in transit, out for delivery... all within a few hours of me calling them...

Package was delivered the following day.

When i called i asked if the package originated overseas or in Melbourne, and was told Melbourne... probably what PP said following my earlier comment above.

Travis.