Chain reaction cycles

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Usually it's the exact opposite @smitho. I've had 2 little parts shipped in something that could almost fit a bike. That's their usual Mo... You're a bit unlucky me thinks...

safreek

Ordered a couple of 203mm brake rotors and a hub on the 14th, and they arrived today which is a reasonable turnaround.

Unfortunately the moron who packed it decided that a box big enough for the items was unnecessary and jammed the rotors in, bent over the hub and forcing the sides of the box to protrude. Needless to say they didn’t make it to me straight.

No bubble wrap or any other packaging inside the box either.

Trying to save a couple of dollars on postage at the expense of items actually arriving fit for purpose.

Hopefully will get a refund, learn my lesson and spend the extra $10 I saved at MTB Direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, certainly a pack of duds, I wouldn't buy off them again . Shit service and no respect for customers , unfortunately you had to find out the hard way as well

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
So, bringing tjis thread back up. CRC now say returns take up to 30 working days, so near enough 6 weeks.

Oh and if you raise a PayPal dispute about that they will hold it up further.

Mtb direct or zee germans for me from now on.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
So, bringing tjis thread back up. CRC now say returns take up to 30 working days, so near enough 6 weeks.

Oh and if you raise a PayPal dispute about that they will hold it up further.

Mtb direct or zee germans for me from now on.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
I've had some warranty issues with MTB direct over the last few months.

I've never had a better experience with a company in terms of customer service.

Never an issue, replacements sent out foc via express post.

CRC can suck a fat one. The gap between local pricing and UK pricing is not big enough to make up for the awesome customer service from the locals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
I've had some warranty issues with MTB direct over the last few months.

I've never had a better experience with a company in terms of customer service.

Never an issue, replacements sent out foc via express post.

CRC can suck a fat one. The gap between local pricing and UK pricing is not big enough to make up for the ancient customer service from the locals.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I had to do a return to them, had a refund in 3 days. And the way they handled an order of mine they had to cancel was awesome.

Same goes for pushys.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
The difference in a lot of items now from CRC or the British in general is not as vast as it used to be. I actually got my latest hopes from Pushys cheaper than anywhere else I would have normally got them. Found with quite a few things now 2 fifths of fuck all difference in price. Certainly close enough now that I spend a lot of money at Pushys now.

Warp

Likes Dirt
The difference in a lot of items now from CRC or the British in general is not as vast as it used to be. I actually got my latest hopes from Pushys cheaper than anywhere else I would have normally got them. Found with quite a few things now 2 fifths of fuck all difference in price. Certainly close enough now that I spend a lot of money at Pushys now.
This... Pushys and MTB Direct have really closed the gap. Yeah, you may still get better stuff here and there, but not having to deal with someone abroad is a huge plus.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
This... Pushys and MTB Direct have really closed the gap. Yeah, you may still get better stuff here and there, but not having to deal with someone abroad is a huge plus.
Agree I always go Pushys and MTB direct now... just removes the headaches especially if you have an issue.

Pushys has been ridiculously brilliant for Maxxis tyre warranties when they warp.

MTB Direct are super easy to deal with for any issues.. even just using their chat feature on website you get to talk to someone who knows what the f**k they're talking about which is refreshing.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
CRC were good in the past when they were bulk buying closeout stuff that they'd then resell for very low prices. Torpedo7 were like that too. Nowadays, they're just another low-margin reseller so the price difference is not that great.

Warp

Likes Dirt
CRC were good in the past when they were bulk buying closeout stuff that they'd then resell for very low prices. Torpedo7 were like that too. Nowadays, they're just another low-margin reseller so the price difference is not that great.
They are still hard to beat on Shimano stuff. Not as much as before, though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
CRC still good in my books. They replaced a part that Hope had erroneously labelled, and said not to bother about sending the original back.

I wonder if they look at your order history as part of the customer service process? Because I'd not be surprised if they would be more inclined to help out a repeat customer than all the new accounts people make chasing that New10?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Interesting to read the CRC decline..
I had a problem with a Hope rear wheel. Sent them a video link and they asked me to return the wheel. They arranged collection from home and ~1 week later they shipped out a brand new replacement.

A week after that the new wheel was I'm my hands. Pretty good in my view.

MTB Direct in particular are my choice. Great service and super helpful..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yep - all this bagging on CRC is rather unwarranted IMO. Excellent website, many payment methods, one week delivery from the other side of the planet.

I’ve never been let down.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I wonder if they look at your order history as part of the customer service process? Because I'd not be surprised if they would be more inclined to help out a repeat customer than all the new accounts people make chasing that New10?
I have the new10 code work on every order :) not sure why.

I have rarely had a problem with anything mistake or warranty wise, once I claimed with CRC and once with Bike-Dsicount, both places dispatched replacements same day. I'd have to think that looking at your customer record would be part of the process, at least in sending replacements without further need for evidence, particularly when you have been buying a lot of shit for many years and have not ever had an issue before.

Minlak

custom titis
Yep - all this bagging on CRC is rather unwarranted IMO. Excellent website, many payment methods, one week delivery from the other side of the planet.

Who is bagging it? Merely stated a fact on the items I currently purchase. People are getting so precious about opinions lately. Sigh

Hipstar

Likes Dirt

Who's bagging them?

They changed their returns policy and method, that's just fact. It's very slow now, not sure anyone can defend a 30 day turnaround.

They're no cheaper for shimano really anymore, take a look at the price of M8020 XT brakes. Same.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk