Chain reaction cycles

piece

Squid
Has anyone had CRC free shipping through TrakPak directed to an Australia Post parcel locker (in Sydney)? Ie do these TrakPak people hand over to Aust Post after it lands in the country, or is it still a courier delivery?

Courier delivery to home or work aren't options for me, so this is something I need to know before ordering.

piece

Squid
Has anyone ever had CRC free shipping delivered to an Aust Post Parcel Locker? That is, when using the CRC free shipping through TrakPak, do they hand over to Aust Post when it lands in country, or is it still a courier delivery?

Reason I ask is that courier delivery to home or work aren't options for me and I usually choose delivery options through Aust Post, to parcel locker. However, couriers won't deliver to this.

Edit: sorry for effective double post - the first one was held for moderation and I assumed I'd somehow failed to complete posting it when it wasn't present in the thread.

Last edited:

Ronin138

Cannon Fodder
I ordered some pedals, gloves and a multi tool off them a couple of weeks ago. Got delivered in about 14 or so days. The shipping from uk took about 5 business days. When they land they pass it over to Aus post as a tracked parcel. Will normally be posted locally the day after it is lodged for processing at the post office.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well... we have a result.

I got my package this morning, as I had to go pick it up from APD... after they lost it from Monday afternoon till this morning !

After attempting delivery yesterday and there was no one in (surprise), then they wanted me to PAY for a redelivery on Thursday... nice touch APD.

So I followed up the email to CRC with the tracking number from APD and the loss of the package story, plus DHL's actions and tracking number.

CRC have just refunded me the $34.99 DHL shipping cost and sent me a $50 goodwill voucher !

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Well... we have a result.

So I followed up the email to CRC with the tracking number from APD and the loss of the package story, plus DHL's actions and tracking number.

CRC have just refunded me the $34.99 DHL shipping cost and sent me a $50 goodwill voucher !
absolute pain in the ass...but full points to them for what sounds like excellent customer service...
$50 voucher..? you must have had a decent size order ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It was around $650, but I'm sure they had a look at my order history too.

Happy with the outcome, but did pay for DHL in the fist place for a fast and hassle free delivery.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
It was around $650, but I'm sure they had a look at my order history too.

Happy with the outcome, but did pay for DHL in the fist place for a fast and hassle free delivery.
yeh i hear ya. but at the end of the day they made you 'happy' thats what matters...

good outcome for me recently with an issue i had on 2x pairs of m520 spds...they died well within warranty period and i opted for a store credit full refund no dramas...reassuring to see they honour their 2 year shimano warranty with minimal fuss.
makes me confident in using them for all my components as i know i wont have to stuff around with returning low end items like the pedals just to get a few bucks back

brados20

Likes Dirt
I would probably reccomend spending a little more and paying for the better postage options. I was a tight ass and used the free postage. I'm still waiting on my rear shock to come 3 weeks later.
Frustrating part is it cleared customs last thurs and has been sitting in the depo in Underwood since. It's only half hour drive from where I am!

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked up from 5.10 Contacts from Chainreaction, paid the $25 express DHL postage.

Rocked up very quickly. Ordered 16th Oct, shipped from UK, arrived 20th Oct.

yay

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I would probably reccomend spending a little more and paying for the better postage options. I was a tight ass and used the free postage. I'm still waiting on my rear shock to come 3 weeks later.
Frustrating part is it cleared customs last thurs and has been sitting in the depo in Underwood since. It's only half hour drive from where I am!
I used free postage... Ordered on a Wednesday night, delivered on the 2nd Monday after so basically 11 days total to my door.

higiff

Likes Dirt
ordered something of CRC and Wiggle same day, Both free shipping option,
Ordered Wednesday night 14th, Wiggle order arrived Monday 19th and CRC order has only updated tracking as far as departed

brados20

Likes Dirt
Seems to be a bit of a hit and miss. Mines almost at 3 weeks now, starting to get impatient haha.
Have not ordered off crc for a few years but I remember it only taking around a week to get the items.

MTBm8

Likes Bikes
Deliver times

ordered something of CRC and Wiggle same day, Both free shipping option,
Ordered Wednesday night 14th, Wiggle order arrived Monday 19th and CRC order has only updated tracking as far as departed
I ordered a jersey and shorts with free postage from Wiggle on Monday 12th Oct and still waiting which is over the recommended time frame.

I once ordered three items from Torpedo7, Wiggle and JensenUSA and they came in the mail Jensen (2nights) , Wiggle (4 nights) and then Torpedo7 (7 nights).

Earlier this year I ordered a set of tyres from CRC and after waiting over 2 weeks they arrived but where the wrong ones, I complained and was offered an exchange but I needed them for an event on the weekend and was offered a $20 voucher which still hasn't arrived. Online is cheap but there are always risks. I prefer to get my tubes, lube, odds and ends and servicing done at LBS to support them as they support our club but find it hard to justify the price differences on big items with online.

moorey

call me Mia
Seems to be a bit of a hit and miss. Mines almost at 3 weeks now, starting to get impatient haha.
Have not ordered off crc for a few years but I remember it only taking around a week to get the items.
As always, big parcels = fast, small = slow (for free post). My free posted bike bag took 1 working day (ordered Friday, here monday)

Re this:
"Dear God. If there is such a thing as reincarnation then please may I return as a ladies bicycle seat"

You monster!
f20ed896202237ae4da123f710936e45.jpg