Closest Downhills to Terrigal

Squid
Hey guys,

Just went and visited my brother in Canberra. Took me to the pines there and showed me what all the fuss was with downhilling. Now I want to get into it!

Does anyone know what the closest tracks would be to Terrigal. I have a car so will be able to travel, but am usually pretty time restrained. Would be good to find a place within a 20min drive.

Cheers.

p.s. Will be looking for a bike as well, rode his Reign 3 ($700 second hand) and that was pretty good. But rode my sisters hardtail Malvern Star and for the money ($500) with disc brakes and decent enough front forks, seems pretty hard to beat. Any advice on what else is around.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Theres nothing at Terrigal mate and as for a second bike look at the forum and look for the for sale section and view DH bikes.

I would suggest anything under $800 bucks is old ish or a piece of shit.

Unfortunately when you are getting into riding you tend to grow out of your 1st bike pretty quickley so I recommend asking and looking around before you dive in and get something you think is above your level as you will be at that level in a short period of time.

There is always the Newbie section of Rotorburn to discuss this sort of stuff as you have posted on a Club forum.

Good luck

Hey guys
Just went and visited my brother in Canberra. Took me to the pines there and showed me what all the fuss was with downhilling. Now I want to get into it!

Does anyone know what the closest tracks would be to Terrigal. I have a car so will be able to travel, but am usually pretty time restrained. Would be good to find a place within a 20min drive.

Cheers.

p.s. Will be looking for a bike as well, rode his Reign 3 ($700 second hand) and that was pretty good. But rode my sisters hardtail Malvern Star and for the money ($500) with disc brakes and decent enough front forks, seems pretty hard to beat. Any advice on what else is around.

ourimbah closest downhill &xc tracks

Hey guys,

Cheers.

Hi mate there is a downhill comp this sunday ,there will be a few bikes 4 sale.
i agree with sledger u only wasting your money ,we got a mongoose ecd 4sale in perfect conditions,it
has a new shock and handelbars,its on bike exchange webside 4$1900 but we b happy with $1700
good luck anyway.see u at ourimbah:cool:

Squid
Thanks for the replies. I have only recently moved to the area, looked up Ourimbah on a map and its close enough. So yeah, I think that will be the place.

As for the bike, just bought a road bike and am saving for a house at the moment, so trying to convince my partner on any more than $500 or so might be a bit tough. But anyway, I will look around and see whats available.

Thanks again for the info.

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
a good place to start riding is up a kincumber there are a couple of okay trails nothing crazy but thats were i do most of my riding its great fun. by the way it is by no means a steep or technical tracks there. its quite flat aswell great fun tho.

hope this helped

Squid
Went to Kincumba in the car, saw two guys fully kitted up with helmets and pads etc so I might do a walk of the track before heading down on a bike. But had a quick chat with them and they said they ride there a bit and it sounded exactly what I was looking for.

So, got a Commencal Combi Disc Deluxe today. Turned up to check it out with the mother of all hangovers, it looked almost brand new, gave him the money, threw it in the back and left. Just got home now had a look over it, and I dont think the front lock outs work and the front wheel when I hit the brakes seems to squirm a lot, like its all loose or something. The rim moves to one side. Turned it over and the brake and shifter cables cross each other along the frame instead of running parrallel which i think is wrong, so i think it might have been put together by Helen Kellor. Anyway, the rest of it looks brand new and I got helmet with it, so I guess its not to bad. Paid $550 and its 9 months old.

So if you see me hitting the trails in Kincumber next weekend, stop and say hi.

kempok

Likes Bikes
Walking Tracks

Went to Kincumba in the car, saw two guys fully kitted up with helmets and pads etc so I might do a walk of the track before heading down on a bike. But had a quick chat with them and they said they ride there a bit and it sounded exactly what I was looking for.

walking tracks only Im sure.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
The only mtb tracks on kincumber mtn are on the erina side - if you look at the trail head there are signs showing mtb tracks. The tracks start from the communications tower - there is one main track and a couple of off shoots.
It is illegal to ride any other areas on kincumber mountain - the rangers DO NOT WANT US RIDING ANYWHERE BUT DESIGNATED TRAILS
Please just stay on the erina tracks - I have lived at base of mtn and have riden up there for 20 yrs (yep its quite boring). There are alot of riders trying build jumps etc on the existing tracks - this will not help and will cause trouble - the rangers are already chasing down illegal tracks - i witnessed them taking down wooden jumps the other day.
Sorry dude but besides Ourimbah there is not much legal rding tracks on the coast. Maybe if you go and ride Ourimbah regularly riders may let you know of secrets - BUT WE WONT POST OR TALK ON INTERNET

adamd

Likes Dirt
BUT WE WONT POST OR TALK ON INTERNET
Nor will Jumpers talk to me in person... on the phone... by SMS... via video call... skype... in a love letter... out his bedroom window (even if I sit there all night)... through a veil of secrecy... under the toilet wall at Terrigal pub... in the chat room of RSVP.com (love those pics btw)...

Disco Boy

jamboy

Likes Bikes
[QUOTE=jumpers; I have lived at base of mtn and have riden up there for 20 yrs (yep its quite boring)

i think i mite of seen ya there,aye..........

jumpers

Likes Dirt
U idiots - how can you see me when there are no tracks;)

Adamd - any one who calls themselves discoboy.....cant even comment....but you do ride a norco and like to dress as food so suppose dicoboy is applicable. Been out injured with tendon damage in shoulder - cant even wank over pics of you guys riding its that sore

U idiots - how can you see me when there are no tracks;)

Adamd - any one who calls themselves discoboy.....cant even comment....but you do ride a norco and like to dress as food so suppose dicoboy is applicable. Been out injured with tendon damage in shoulder - cant even wank over pics of you guys riding its that sore
gee iam sure your good mate Adamd would love to give you a HAND.:p