Private Property CMTBP. Bobcats Been! Jumps are nearly done!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
New Dirt Jumps, Sorry For the Crappy Phone Pics. They look wider, steeper and taller in real life. P.s The kid in the pic is a couple of inches under 6 foot.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Today we went down and gave them a good stomping and pounding. They had started to crack a little, But were pretty solid in most parts. We put some more soft clay/dirt and water on them and smoothed it all off again. They look Wicked!

We also started making some of the take offs on the table tops wider and steeper. Trying to make the most of this beautiful building weather.

I also had another call about dirt today. I now have 3 potential suppliers, One who is 2 weeks away, 1 who probably won't come as he bailed last weekend and another one who called today who can probably bring clay on the weekend!

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice man, good work on the jumps. Gotta get the second downhill track done! I wanna hit that nice loose rutty section... should be awesome.

Any word on getting more rocks for some rock gardens on the DH tracks?

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Hoping for more dirt on the weekend. I now have 3 people who have dirt for me. Lets hope i can get some from one of them:) I've had about 10 people call me who end up bailing out or just dont turn up. Getting there though.

About the rocks. So far we don't have any available. However he can get me sleepers which will be very handy on both tracks. I'm gonna get as much of that as i can as they will help out LOTS with the building.

I'll probably have a build/day on sunday. Got to here back from a person about dirt. If dirt comes this weekend then it will be on!

Cheers

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hoping for more dirt on the weekend. I now have 3 people who have dirt for me. Lets hope i can get some from one of them:) I've had about 10 people call me who end up bailing out or just dont turn up. Getting there though.

About the rocks. So far we don't have any available. However he can get me sleepers which will be very handy on both tracks. I'm gonna get as much of that as i can as they will help out LOTS with the building.

I'll probably have a build/day on sunday. Got to here back from a person about dirt. If dirt comes this weekend then it will be on!

Cheers
Sleepers would be win for setting up those bermed corners! How did our work on the track pan out? Been down for a look? It should have settled in nicely by now!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Sleepers would be win for setting up those bermed corners! How did our work on the track pan out? Been down for a look? It should have settled in nicely by now!
Haven't checked since the rain. A couple of riders went down and had a go last weekend. They said it needs berms on the really steep part. It's just to off camber, steep and crazy to ride fast. If your a real pinner by all means you can drift around it but if you lose it a little you'll end up 15 meters down the hill. Most probably with a broken collar bone:p

I'm gonna see how many sleepers I can snatch up.

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh Cam,
Sweet work with those jumps man. They look awesome!
May I come over on Friday if weather is all good?

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haven't checked since the rain. A couple of riders went down and had a go last weekend. They said it needs berms on the really steep part. It's just to off camber, steep and crazy to ride fast. If your a real pinner by all means you can drift around it but if you lose it a little you'll end up 15 meters down the hill. Most probably with a broken collar bone:p

I'm gonna see how many sleepers I can snatch up.
When you mean off camber near the steep part, as in the sections we built up after the crazy rutted out bit? Yeah, we could build them up using the sleepers for sure! Maybe even dig down into the ground a bit and push that dirt into the berm, like on track 13 of the you yangs.

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When you mean off camber near the steep part, as in the sections we built up after the crazy rutted out bit? Yeah, we could build them up using the sleepers for sure! Maybe even dig down into the ground a bit and push that dirt into the berm, like on track 13 of the you yangs.
Yeh, we'll have to do something like that. Because it is too narrow and sharp to make it around the corner with decent speed.

2-fast

Likes Dirt
Dude, you are living my life.
My Parents barely let me build in the bush.
Let alone my own back yard. Any way my yard isn't that big.

Any way enough jibba jabba, trails looking good.

Regards Jacob

:D:D:D

patto94

Likes Dirt
Cheers
Hey cam dont you have a hill at the start of the first track that has a heaps of rocks on it that we used for the first rock garden?

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Hey cam dont you have a hill at the start of the first track that has a heaps of rocks on it that we used for the first rock garden?
yeh but there not very good rocks. They chip away and have sharp edges.

I'm trying to hunt down some Volcanic/Honeycomb rocks...

patto94

Likes Dirt
The jumps are coming along really well now. Once the big set that we worked on the other day is up and running the trails will be super sweet and super flowey.
Should chuck up some pics of the new scene.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
The jumps are coming along really well now. Once the big set that we worked on the other day is up and running the trails will be super sweet and super flowey.
Should chuck up some pics of the new scene.
yep, I'll get some tommorow if i remember before work.

They look absolutely beautiful at the moment. But we can make them better later by squaring them off etc.