Private Property CMTBP. Bobcats Been! Jumps are nearly done!

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Just had a call about dirt. Now currently awaiting a call back from him once he has organised a truck. the other guy fell through but fingers crossed on this one:)

dh damo

Likes Dirt
yay dirt dirt dirt. Now i talked to west the bobcat guy and he said we have to pay him a bit to do the work. But that wont be for a bit of time as i was in a car crash with him and he is still in ICU and wont be all good for some time but when he is out and feeling good i will let you no and we can work out the moneys and when we can do it:).

cameron_15

Eats Squid
yay dirt dirt dirt. Now i talked to west the bobcat guy and he said we have to pay him a bit to do the work. But that wont be for a bit of time as i was in a car crash with him and he is still in ICU and wont be all good for some time but when he is out and feeling good i will let you no and we can work out the moneys and when we can do it:).
I'm more than happy to pay him to do it. hope he's alright. sounds cool as though.

So cam, is that dirt for the landing of the big doubles that your building.

Oh, and your a post whore.
the dirt is for the landing of the doubles and for a new line of smaller doubles. but, unfortunately, the dirt has not come:( anotherer fall through. I'm working on it though.

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
WOW!!! i am amazed how good your backyard is. it is like a mini whistler in your backyard. i wished that i lived closer cos i live in wa lol. i would love to help you guys out. the pics are sick and would be cool to see another vid of all the jumps and stuff. just wondering how long the dh track is. if it is quite long you should maybe try time them and have a little race day. good work guys keep it up.

ps how long is your place from brighton? i am going to be in melbourne from the 19th and i am bringing my dh rig

cameron_15

Eats Squid
WOW!!! i am amazed how good your backyard is. it is like a mini whistler in your backyard. i wished that i lived closer cos i live in wa lol. i would love to help you guys out. the pics are sick and would be cool to see another vid of all the jumps and stuff. just wondering how long the dh track is. if it is quite long you should maybe try time them and have a little race day. good work guys keep it up.

ps how long is your place from brighton? i am going to be in melbourne from the 19th and i am bringing my dh rig
Thanks for the kind words. the Track we have done at the moment is about a minute and a half long, however we are working on making a longer one and have plans for A third which will probably be the last and hopefully the hardest.

We're about an hour away from brighton out here in research.

cheers

dh damo

Likes Dirt
Me and downer will have our car's soon cam :) so no more long 50min uphill rides to your's. it will be good to get back there and building again, it's been to long.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Me and downer will have our car's soon cam :) so no more long 50min uphill rides to your's. it will be good to get back there and building again, it's been to long.

50 minutes from the station? i rode there and back in 45 minutes yesterday.
I was on my cross country bike with slick tires and cleets though:p

sounds awesome

Keyroo

Likes Bikes
hey guys i'd be keen to come down and help some time, bring the DH rig down for a ride, i'm only really getting into downhill so some of the jumps will probably be a bit full on but hell i'm keen to get better :)

let me know when your having your next build day and i'll come down and give you guys a hand

also if you want some pics let me know, i'll bring down my gear, i need some mountain bike shots for my site (only got a couple of old ones on there atm www.themattimage.com

let me know i'll bring a shovel!

Matty

dh damo

Likes Dirt

50 minutes from the station? i rode there and back in 45 minutes yesterday.
I was on my cross country bike with slick tires and cleets though:p

sounds awesome
Show off much. well i walk most of the way and check out the babes of research on my way up lol.

Why has this been moved?

chucka_2

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the kind words. the Track we have done at the moment is about a minute and a half long, however we are working on making a longer one and have plans for A third which will probably be the last and hopefully the hardest.

We're about an hour away from brighton out here in research.

cheers
alright mate, thanks for that. i will be in melbourne from the 19th for about two weeks. if i can come out i will send you a pm. is that cool?

cameron_15

Eats Squid
so i have been forced to re-think my plans for the second DH track. After looking at property maps, land that I thought was mine actually isn't. It's not much land, I was just under the imperssion that the entire gully was our property, this is not the case. We own to about 5 meters from the flat gully. so there is about a 60meter section of gully that the track was running through, it will now have to be re-directed.

Lucky for us, we haven't built on that section of the track and sections leading up to it. this means we haven't wasted anytime. the track will just make a turn off from the origional plans and become a little shorter but faster and more fun!

alright mate, thanks for that. i will be in melbourne from the 19th for about two weeks. if i can come out i will send you a pm. is that cool?
Thats fine mate, Always looking to meet new riders!!

Show off much. well i walk most of the way and check out the babes of research on my way up lol.

Why has this been moved?
I'm the only babe in research Damo:p

Downhill section 'ey. what about the dirt jumps? and the cross country? ah well. it can stay here. I'm sure there is a reason for the movement.

hey guys i'd be keen to come down and help some time, bring the DH rig down for a ride, i'm only really getting into downhill so some of the jumps will probably be a bit full on but hell i'm keen to get better :)

let me know when your having your next build day and i'll come down and give you guys a hand

also if you want some pics let me know, i'll bring down my gear, i need some mountain bike shots for my site (only got a couple of old ones on there atm www.themattimage.com

let me know i'll bring a shovel!

Matty
That sounds awesome, I like photographers! The next Ride day will be on Wednesday the 17th. (We're all on holidays then?) Same as always, bring your bike and a shovel, we'll ride and build on what we feel like. there are a few sections on the First track that need tidying up and the second track could do with some more work. The new double could also go with some sculpting. we'll see what happens. Lunch will be provided but its a good idea to bring drinks and snacks if you'd like to.

cheers

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
thecat said:
Even if the trail is legal, if the thread isn't furthering the cause, ie you are just posting photos and not talking about how you got them to be legal...., post it elsewhere.,

Yeah sorry Cameron. To be honest I thought out of all the trail log threads in the trail building section this one was probably the most appropriate, but after a few days thought I still didn't think it quite fit the above charter and I didn't want to have to explain to others why yours got stay while their's got moved.

Basically we want things like the Hornsby win to take center stage in the trial building forum. Trail logs meant that this type of thing was too quickly pushed to the back pages and out of sight.

It got moved to DH because I had no idea where else to put it.

Last edited:

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Yeah sorry Cameron. To be honest I thought out of all the trail log threads in the trail building section this one was probably the most appropriate, but after a few days thought I still didn't think it quite fit the above charter and I didn't want to have to explain to others why yours got stay while their's got moved.

It got moved to DH because I had no idea where else to put it.
Fair enough, gotta be fair to all the others. The downhill track was what the thread was originally about, it just expanded a little. I'm sure people won't have trouble finding the thread here.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
Post #500 for this thread:cool:

Today a couple of us changed the plans for the second track. Its going to be a lot more open, there are lots of sections in which multiple lines could be taken. Its going to be a very techy track now.

On friday a few people might be coming round, so if you want to come let me know...