Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Only just discovered that daylight savings ended last night. Had a family gathering in Sydney this morning and figured I'd ride Hornsby in the afternoon...about 5 when it cooled off. I managed to squeeze in a few laps of the dirt jumps before dark.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Only just discovered that daylight savings ended last night. Had a family gathering in Sydney this morning and figured I'd ride Hornsby in the afternoon...about 5 when it cooled off. I managed to squeeze in a few laps of the dirt jumps before dark.
I just discovered it this afternoon. Now, why is the computers and phone time one hour behind the microwave.... Ohhhhh...

I usually miss these clock changes totally and planning for public holidays. Doh..

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While I doubt I could have had much fun on trail at 3pm, knowing the sun would set so early may have changed my attitude. I might take the enduro next time and try riding some of the trails.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you rode the trails there before? It is on my list of things that need doing.

I've only ridden the trails that run down to the jumps. Quite different to what I mostly ride - rocky, a little tight, not too steep going down...feel incredibly steep to me going up! The jumps are well planned and fun. But like Cokeonspecialtwodollars says...for me to get there to ride I would have to go past a lot of other places I prefer and I'd also be pretty close to a place that I prefer.

It's worth a ride, I wouldn't drive to Sydney just for this but if you were already in the area.
Yep. Though a day trip that incorporated a few location could be good, if it wasn't too hot and humid. Days like today you need to be feeling that ocean breeze blasting freshness in.

It's fun enough, the jumps just attract lolly gaggers
I don't gag on my lollies.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'll have to make a visit sooner or later. Maybe the Poodle can take his 29er there too.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
New sections has been opened too apparently, so the loop doesnt take 20minutes like it used to. Haven’t ridden the new stuff yet but apparently it’s alright.

How were the jumps poodle? Last I went the middle line was looking abit average.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wasn't able to make the start jump on the a-line...too tricky for me yesterday! They looked in good shape. The middle tun of tables was very rideable, but they were very rocky. The whole bowl had a lot of 2 fist sized rocks exposed through the surface which is dusting away. That probably shouldn't be too unexpected given how sandy the clay mix is + dry weather + traffic volume. The last jump in that sequence is all wrong too. It is too long for the height and the lander is too short + steep. I think it needs to be build up a little higher (about 500-700mm) and maybe a touch shorter. The lander definitely needs changing. No major rutts or washed out sections though which was great to see.

My locals have a lot of pot holes in up+down ramps at the moment.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I wasn't able to make the start jump on the a-line...too tricky for me yesterday! They looked in good shape. The middle tun of tables was very rideable, but they were very rocky. The whole bowl had a lot of 2 fist sized rocks exposed through the surface which is dusting away. That probably shouldn't be too unexpected given how sandy the clay mix is + dry weather + traffic volume. The last jump in that sequence is all wrong too. It is too long for the height and the lander is too short + steep. I think it needs to be build up a little higher (about 500-700mm) and maybe a touch shorter. The lander definitely needs changing. No major rutts or washed out sections though which was great to see.

My locals have a lot of pot holes in up+down ramps at the moment.
Gravitational inertia from a 29er would have pulled you through that you know.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nah, the first turns a sharp 90 that you need to hit fast. 29er can’t make the corner. The big line should be in better shape because the kids can’t clear the forst two, and those that do can obviously ride so don’t skid up the jumps too much.

The middle lines always been abit janky, you have to nose in so hard on the last one or you case, I think it’s fun though. Can’t just roll through midlessly.

The A lines good fun though, you don’t need to clear the first one to make it through as long as you clean the step-down out of the berm you’ll kill it.