Confessions from the fuckwits

wavike

Likes Dirt
Above my pay grade. Pm Dozer or Johnny. I have flagged it.
Sorted, a very hurried post while in the doctors waiting room. Worked out the password when I saw how many characters were shown on the auto login. New email entered. Doesn't pay to change ISP and get new computer (old one crashed) at the same time (and now use a outlook email instead of ISP one)

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Do not try to adjust the caliper whilst the wheel is spinning. From the bottom especially.

Some fuckwit got their finger jammed in between the rotor and caliper. Said fuckwit probably woke the neighborhood with profanity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do not try to adjust the caliper whilst the wheel is spinning. From the bottom especially.

Some fuckwit got their finger jammed in between the rotor and caliper. Said fuckwit probably woke the neighborhood with profanity.

Hypnotised by the lure of the spinning rotor. :)

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Snapped out of that real quick.

One of the more painful ways to fuck up. Brake finger too.

Flow-Rider

Burner

You're not alone, two people I know have done it and one chopped the tip of his finger clean off, not on the bone part of his finger though just the tip.

moorey

call me Mia

Day = made.
Particularly now that mine has healed up after doing the same thing.

scblack

Leucocholic

I read this as the common mis-spelling of brake.

Did you Break the finger? Or is it your Brake finger?

(I'll go sit in the corner now)

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Topped last night off with a mini explosion too.

Hot water unit literally went bang. Good times. Probably should have checked the thermostat and PRV a little more regularly than never.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Topped last night off with a mini explosion too.

Hot water unit literally went bang. Good times. Probably should have checked the thermostat and PRV a little more regularly than never.....

Happened to us last week. Dull thuds and flickering lights. Cold shower when I got home the next day.

900 clams later and I'll be checking the valve regularly too.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forgive me father, for I am a fuckwit. I have committed several violations of the code.

I needed a budget set of 29” boost wheels so after looking around I went for a set of Nukeproof Horizon. That was my first offence. I have Stans Arch on my other bikes and the rims have handled everything i’ve thrown at them. First ride on the horizons and i hit a 2 foot drop at speed and Landed a little heavier than normal and ended up flat spotting the rim! Have done the same thing several times previously with no damage. Next day I roll of a jump with a rocky landing and managed to land the rear wheel on a baby head size rock and folded a section of the rim inwards plus a rather large flat section on the rim. Rim is basically fucked so I ordered a Flow Mk3 rim to replace the nukeproof piece of shit. Rim arrives (and here is my 2nd offence) and I go to build it up and discover the hub is 28 hole whereas the rim is 32. I just assumed it was 32... I mean who builds a trail wheel with a super soft rim and only 28 spokes!

If you are ever considering buying these shitty wheels, give yourself an uppercut and wake up to yourself!

Just ordered a Hope pro4 rear hub so at least now I’ll have a half decent rear wheel!

camo71

Likes Dirt
Forgive me father, for I am a fuckwit. I have committed several violations of the code.

I needed a budget set of 29” boost wheels so after looking around I went for a set of Nukeproof Horizon. That was my first offence. I have Stans Arch on my other bikes and the rims have handled everything i’ve thrown at them. First ride on the horizons and i hit a 2 foot drop at speed and Landed a little heavier than normal and ended up flat spotting the rim! Have done the same thing several times previously with no damage. Next day I roll of a jump with a rocky landing and managed to land the rear wheel on a baby head size rock and folded a section of the rim inwards plus a rather large flat section on the rim. Rim is basically fucked so I ordered a Flow Mk3 rim to replace the nukeproof piece of shit. Rim arrives (and here is my 2nd offence) and I go to build it up and discover the hub is 28 hole whereas the rim is 32. I just assumed it was 32... I mean who builds a trail wheel with a super soft rim and only 28 spokes!

If you are ever considering buying these shitty wheels, give yourself an uppercut and wake up to yourself!

Just ordered a Hope pro4 rear hub so at least now I’ll have a half decent rear wheel!
Damn I have been eyeing these of for awhile , most reviews I've read have been good - I just put a big ding in my stocko giant rim and was getting closer to pulling the trigger , I'm only a lightweight but still not so sure now , maybe I should uppercut and keep saving - cheers for the heads up