Confessions from the fuckwits

Mica

Likes Dirt
For god's sake don't look at their ebay store then, it has even more reasonably priced delights then displayed on their website.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Are these the reasonably priced delights you were speaking of or is that a whole different closet?!?!?!?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I confess... I have screwed up again!
Bought a fork for the road bike and it won't fit due to the headtube/ downtube junction.
Anyone want a Enve CX fork?

rowdy71

Squid
thanks for the heads up. had a look at the nukes but i was leaning to the stans flow. UBYK has flows built up with hope pro 4 hubs on their custom wheel build. its a done deal now

cheers

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Built the new Spitfire, transferring brakes, rotors and adaptors from the old Blur. I realised the front hose was a smidge short, but it fit and I was itching to ride the Spitfire, so out I go.

Next day, I head off and get myself a new hose for the front, but don’t get to installing it until the next weekend. Upon removing the pads, I notice wear marks through the middle. Huh, that’s odd.
I then spend the next 45min looking for the goddam hose, can’t find it and then I hear the baby crying. Give up and put the pads & wheel back on, noticing that the rotor is in no way fully in the caliber, wtf?
So I google it. Apparently the Mattoc’s are 180PM, the Pikes they came off: 160PM. So of course that PM160 to PM203 adaptor is going to be about 20mm too long.
Probably should have looked a bit closer when building it Fuckwit.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Rode shuttles at Maldon today which was wickedly awesome by the way and managed to slip a foot off my pedals twice on sizeable jumps.
Managed both times to save it both casing the jump and landing with only one foot on a pedal.
Second time though I donated some some blood to the mtb Gods by the old pedal pins in the shin bone trick.
Scratching my head thinking maybe I left my skill at home, or just not committing to the jump properly or having the rebound too fast or something.
So whilst bandaging my gashed leg and saying ouch very loudly I happened to notice more than half the pins on the pedals had backed out leaving me with effectively fuck all grip. A flat metal surface.

Pays to pay more attention to your bike. She turned around and bit me because I haven’t been showing her the love.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Confession the First:

Getting ready to head out to the Youies yesterday for a cheeky midweek session with The Boy. He finishes school early on Wednesdays, I've been working night shift, so plenty of time to ride before work. I've got all my stuff ready; food, drink and hydration pack sitting in the hallway by the front door. I look down and notice a large wet spot on the carpet. Hurrying to investigate, I find that my hydration pack has somehow dumped 1.5 litres of water on the floor.

Is the bladder leaking? Has the hose come loose? I refill it, and can't find any leakage occurring. I must have sat the pack down on top of the bite valve without noticing. Good thing the carpet's shit anyway.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Confession the Second:

The Boy offered to use his car to get there, instead of mine. I'm happy with that. I get to his place, transfer my bike, hydration pack, and food and drink over to his car, and we head off. I even remembered to take my spare glasses that I wear while riding, so if I come off I don't break my good ones.

Can anyone spot what's not on the list above?

We get to Drysdale Road carpark, our bikes set up and ready to go, it's a nice sunny day, not too hot, perfect for riding...let's do this! Wait...where's my helmet?

Still in my car (along with gloves and kneepads), that's where! The Boy had a very enjoyable, crash-free ride, and I had a nice walk around the dam.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Confession the First:

Getting ready to head out to the Youies yesterday for a cheeky midweek session with The Boy. He finishes school early on Wednesdays, I've been working night shift, so plenty of time to ride before work. I've got all my stuff ready; food, drink and hydration pack sitting in the hallway by the front door. I look down and notice a large wet spot on the carpet. Hurrying to investigate, I find that my hydration pack has somehow dumped 1.5 litres of water on the floor.

Is the bladder leaking? Has the hose come loose? I refill it, and can't find any leakage occurring. I must have sat the pack down on top of the bite valve without noticing. Good thing the carpet's shit anyway.
I thought you were going to say you were the guy in the Youis car park yesterday with a young bloke looking very sorry for himself. Asked what all the groaning was about and said he’d left his helmet at home. He was so mad he chucked his banana on the ground and squashed it!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I thought you were going to say you were the guy in the Youis car park yesterday with a young bloke looking very sorry for himself. Asked what all the groaning was about and said he’d left his helmet at home. He was so mad he chucked his banana on the ground and squashed it!
Lies! All lies!

It was just the skin.