Confessions from the fuckwits

Flow-Rider

Burner
Last night fitting a new tyre.

That tiny little hole goes right down to bone. It did and still does Fucking Hurt.

Slammed it into the cassette when the pump connection un-jammed itself from the valve.
I have a permanent scar on my angle (ankle) where a chain ring tore it open.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have chainring scars from the NW on the Muru. Riding on a sand track and saw a biiiigggg brown snake dead ahead in my wheel track. Did a wheelie to move to the next rut and dumped the front into the side of the track. Down like a bag of potatoes. Blood pissing out of holes all over my foot and ankle. I was barefoot. 6km ride back to camp at maybe 5km/h. Started to ride and my foot kept slipping off the pedal. Had to pack sand in the worst cuts to stop the bleeding. Fucking snake slithered away. Bastard.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I have chainring scars from the NW on the Muru. Riding on a sand track and saw a biiiigggg brown snake dead ahead in my wheel track. Did a wheelie to move to the next rut and dumped the front into the side of the track. Down like a bag of potatoes. Blood pissing out of holes all over my foot and ankle. I was barefoot. 6km ride back to camp at maybe 5km/h. Started to ride and my foot kept slipping off the pedal. Had to pack sand in the worst cuts to stop the bleeding. Fucking snake slithered away. Bastard.
You win.

Even the bone in my thumb was aching right after. But I'm glad mine wasn't 5mm to the right. Don't think knuckle joints are quite so tolerant to puncture wounds.

LPG

likes thicc birds
I had a scar between my eyes for years where I was hit by a bearclaw pedal or chainring. I was stuffing around with a friend on bikes at 13 or so and decided that I would ride along and jam on the front brakes knowing exactly what would happen. I just didn't expect the bike to fly up and hit me in the head. I stood up and pissed myself laughing while blood trickled down my face and my friend shook his head and called me a wierdo.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'd take a severe loss of blood over a brown bite any day though.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Not my leg, but this was the result of a shoe lace getting caught and pulling a mates leg into the chainring.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Probably silently laughing at your gumbiness. :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Wasnt that bad. A couple of days later I went to the local Chemist to get stronger bandaids because the ones we had kept falling off when I was kayaking. After some discussion the Chemist asked to see the wound. They were ready to call the local Dr to come in and stitch it up. No need it is half healed! But I have a habit of injuries in remote spots. Like taking the end off a finger sharpening the axe... pretty sure I posted about these when they happened.

I did learn to wear sandshoes when riding on the tracks. I found some big pig wallows once, maybe 10km from camp. Yeah stuff that heading home now!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wasnt that bad. A couple of days later I went to the local Chemist to get stronger bandaids because the ones we had kept falling off when I was kayaking. After some discussion the Chemist asked to see the wound. They were ready to call the local Dr to come in and stitch it up. No need it is half healed! But I have a habit of injuries in remote spots. Like taking the end off a finger sharpening the axe... pretty sure I posted about these when they happened.

I did learn to wear sandshoes when riding on the tracks. I found some big pig wallows once, maybe 10km from camp. Yeah stuff that heading home now!
Yeah...but did you shit yourself and fling it everywhere?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
So the new Lyriks are non boost the rhythms they are replacing are boost therefore need to set up a new front wheel.

IMG_20181027_192001.jpg

Wheel is the pair for the rear so that helps with my ocd and new Michelin wild gripr which Ive been looking forward to trying. All going well till the track pump wont pump up the hillbilly compresser. Fiddle with valve cores mess around a bit and get it working after I fire a valve core into the plastic bottle. Get the tire up tubeless all good clean up and take it for a test.... Whats that tinkling noise... The tyre above has two valve cores one on the outside and one tinkling around on the inside. Not fixing it going to live with it

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
“Tink.......tink.........tink........”

I give it one ride and that tyre’ll be off and rhe valve thrown down the driveway