Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Cassette Lockring tool for QR and 10mm and 12mm axles, BB Tool for 15mm and 20mm axles. Basically just go BB Tool adapters all the way!!

CL for the win, definitely and for always.

Hopes are heavy as fuck. And British. May as well ride an Orange. Then you get the best of both heavy! :D:p
Anyone avoiding Hope hubs to save 100g on a bike build, deserves the bike they build.

Also, compare the weight of an orange to virtually any equivalent alloy bike. I’ll wait/weight. ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Cassette Lockring tool for QR and 10mm and 12mm axles, BB Tool for 15mm and 20mm axles. Basically just go BB Tool adapters all the way!!

CL for the win, definitely and for always.

Hopes are heavy as fuck. And British. May as well ride an Orange. Then you get the best of both heavy! :D:p
Yeah that's what Zelvey said, then he had a heap of his hubs crack and returned to him.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Yeah, cassette tool for qr and bb tool for through axle.

Can avoid all this misery by getting rid of the cl wheels though
I didn't wanna, but it's the only one I could get cheap enough for my liking. Didn't have a huge budget to get this bike up and going again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I did a big one...

Family Christmas party this morning. Nobody in my family offers any flexibility around the childless older brother, so what if he has to work? Sure there was all yesterday when everyone was free...Nah Sunday is better we are all going to the beach on Saturday...Ummmm whatever. Anyway I'm carpooling with mum + super gran, they are 30 minutes late and "in a rush" Ummmm how is that so? Anyway I rustle all my shit into the car (vegan panna cotta + presents) take some junk out of the car and hustle off. Everyone knows I need to leave by 12 so they don't want to do anything until I leave because we'll fuck you...stop razing the kids up? They're your kids man...not mine to control. I blow the joint, I knew I should've ridden, mum runs me home and is going back for presents and food and coffee etc...fuck me! I left the garage door open the whole time I was out! All the toys are on display!!! Fuck me that's a big fuck up. I usually have a lot of gassers come down my street rummaging through bins each day. Can't believe all my gear was still there.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
We’ve all left the garage up at some point.

Caught a meth head rolling my neighbour’s race bike, some 30 grand Ducati out his open garage years ago. Cops showed no mercy with the baton when he ran at them fists flying.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I did a big one...

Family Christmas party this morning. Nobody in my family offers any flexibility around the childless older brother, so what if he has to work? Sure there was all yesterday when everyone was free...Nah Sunday is better we are all going to the beach on Saturday...Ummmm whatever. Anyway I'm carpooling with mum + super gran, they are 30 minutes late and "in a rush" Ummmm how is that so? Anyway I rustle all my shit into the car (vegan panna cotta + presents) take some junk out of the car and hustle off. Everyone knows I need to leave by 12 so they don't want to do anything until I leave because we'll fuck you...stop razing the kids up? They're your kids man...not mine to control. I blow the joint, I knew I should've ridden, mum runs me home and is going back for presents and food and coffee etc...fuck me! I left the garage door open the whole time I was out! All the toys are on display!!! Fuck me that's a big fuck up. I usually have a lot of gassers come down my street rummaging through bins each day. Can't believe all my gear was still there.
C'mon man, don't you listen to NBN, place is on the rise....no junkies here, move along!

slowmick

38-39"
Rebuilt my rear hope bub - got 3 rides out of it and now it rattles. Seems I'm not smart enough to either change bearings without wrecking them or I installed angular contact bearing backwards and they've moved in the hub shell. Off to order a handful of regular enduro bearings and keep trying.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There you go, Chrissy ain't that bad is it
If only everyone else knew how to relax! It's a sad state of affairs when your mum is more wild and fun than your siblings! Dad goes all right too. If I didn't have to work I'd have taken the cocktail kit over...

safreek

If only everyone else knew how to relax! It's a sad state of affairs when your mum is more wild and fun than your siblings! Dad goes all right too. If I didn't have to work I'd have taken the cocktail kit over...
Agreed, all brothers and sisters are duds, even the hot ones

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Rebuilt my rear hope bub - got 3 rides out of it and now it rattles. Seems I'm not smart enough to either change bearings without wrecking them or I installed angular contact bearing backwards and they've moved in the hub shell. Off to order a handful of regular enduro bearings and keep trying.
You didn’t order angular contacts for it did you?

They use regular bearings.
Theres no way to adjust tension on the bearings, which you need for angular contacts.

slowmick

38-39"

Theres no way to adjust tension on the bearings, which you need for angular contacts.
yeah - thought it would be an upgrade. oops. thought so long as the angles pointed inwards the stack would hold it all together. seems not :|

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

They work on my Pro2 evos. Sorry Slowmick. Pm me your addy and I'll flick you some spares.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
They work on my Pro2 evos. Sorry Slowmick. Pm me your addy and I'll flick you some spares.

All good OJ - that's the same hub i have - i think i was just a bit heavy handed with the install - hard to do when a two year old keeps running off with your parts and tools. :)

I ordered some plain ones from Duncan this morning. Am getting some quiet time for Christmas.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

It’s relying on the axle applying tension, until it all bottoms out on the spacers holding the inner races apart then it’s time for new ones.

They’d need a thread on the axle with a lock ring to work properly and be able to be re-tensioned once they wear.