Confessions from the fuckwits

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Sigh, due to a miscalcualtion on my part I now have no inner cable or outer gear cabling in my bike? Anyone have a hack for fitting outer gear cabling in an internally routed bike? I was thinking a long wire maybe and search for the holes? But didn't have access to any last night. Had a look last night but most of the stuff I saw they still had the inner cable in the bike....
These days I use the ParkTool cable routing kit. Although expensive to buy, it has saved me much frustration over the years I've owned it.

But, before I had that and when a bike didn't have nice, huge open ports, I used to force a small pointy bit of steel, or a tiny allen key head from an old set, into the end of the cable, then use a magnet to catch it near the exit port.

Good luck!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sigh, due to a miscalcualtion on my part I now have no inner cable or outer gear cabling in my bike? Anyone have a hack for fitting outer gear cabling in an internally routed bike? I was thinking a long wire maybe and search for the holes? But didn't have access to any last night. Had a look last night but most of the stuff I saw they still had the inner cable in the bike....
The Jagwire kit is good too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
String + magnets?
These days I use the ParkTool cable routing kit. Although expensive to buy, it has saved me much frustration over the years I've owned it.

But, before I had that and when a bike didn't have nice, huge open ports, I used to force a small pointy bit of steel, or a tiny allen key head from an old set, into the end of the cable, then use a magnet to catch it near the exit port.

Good luck!
The Jagwire kit is good too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Thanks Guys. I'll get one. All the bikes are internally routed now and I'm always scared of routing cables...
Park would be nice but would this do the job
https://www.pushys.com.au/super-b-i...VBZGPCh2Qfg03EAQYAiABEgKAYfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
String and a vacuum will sort you out.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
I have both the Jagwire and Park Tool kits.
The Park kit is the better of the two. I have broken the fittings on the Jagwire kit trying to route a tight been.
Whilst it is supposed to be replaceable there are no parts in Australia.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have a car related one... Swapping front seatbelts from the wrecked car to the new project, I figured I'd swap them over so the less worn passenger one would be the new drivers - not knowing there is a little widget in them than senses the angle they're on and will lock them if they think the car is upside down or in a ditch.

Spent nearly an hour going mad, trying to wind it in a bit and carefully try to pull out the belt, and dismantling a dead one looking for why they wouldnt pull out - eventually it just needed the little widget swapped side to side and voila. A 5 minute job turned into an hour of frustrated wtf... All they needed was to be held on the right angle as installed originally and they are fine.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This should be here too...

Took the bronson for a run after #1 rode it and complained about the brakes. Yep hopelessly contaminated. It was sitting in the shed for a few months while I rode the cannondale instead. Mixture of general miasma and probably aerial wd40 excess from spraying the lathe and mill. Cooked the pads, slathered brakecleen on everything. Hopefully ok until new pads arrive. Bugger - dont store the bikes next to the lathe.

moorey

call me Mia
On my aborted morning ride, the Spitty didn’t quite feel itself. Mid ride, I recalled I’d swapped it’s 27.5 wheels onto another bike and banged some 26” wheels on, still with 27.5 dropouts, so was a bit low in BB.
At end of ride, I realised I’d actually just swapped out the front wheel, and it was a reverse (true) mullet :rolleyes:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
On behalf of the commonwealth bank...

Please confirm your id at a commbank branch within the next 30 days.

Yeah I will fucking go in and do that you fuckwits.

Though I can send certified copies of my passport, license etc to a po box. Double fuckwits.

Letter was dated 13/3/2020.