Confessions from the fuckwits

ausdb

Being who he is
First post here but no doubt there'll be more....
I haven't cultivated facial hair since the 90's but gave the Covid beard a crack a few months ago and decided being a grey beard suits me. Didn't really think through that I was building a bike up for my sons birthday and that it involved spray painting. Decided that all of the stuff you read about respirators not fitting well with beards was BS as everyone on youtube seems to do it and it shouldn't be a problem.
I painted the bike last Friday and felt pretty crap for the rest of the day. I guess the green colour of my beard around where the respirator fitted was karma's way of reminding me what a F_ _kwit I am.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Such a great way to start a working day reading about fellow mtbers who are just a crazy as me.
What virus.......... just send it and hope for the best
Keep grass side up and have a blast!! :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I haven't cultivated facial hair since the 90's but gave the Covid beard a crack a few months ago and decided being a grey beard suits me
The exciting world of facial hair is a lot of work and gets itchy. Nothing like a good ol' fashioned shave with a sharp razor.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I haven't cultivated facial hair since the 90's but gave the Covid beard a crack a few months ago and decided being a grey beard suits me. Didn't really think through that I was building a bike up for my sons birthday and that it involved spray painting. Decided that all of the stuff you read about respirators not fitting well with beards was BS as everyone on youtube seems to do it and it shouldn't be a problem.
I painted the bike last Friday and felt pretty crap for the rest of the day. I guess the green colour of my beard around where the respirator fitted was karma's way of reminding me what a F_ _kwit I am.
Reminds me of being an apprentice and having to spray some metal frames blue. They gave me a dust mask, by the time I was done all the mask did was draw in the blue paint around my mouth and made me look like I’d just gone down on a smurf.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I read somewhere that army gas masks didn't work so well with beards which in turn made the safety razor popular.
The cool kids worked out that a shitload of vaseline in your beard and on the mask makes a seal so that you can look tough-as-hell with your SPECOPS beard and still not ingest CS gas.
Does make you look like an idiot when you take the mask off though....

Freediver

I can go full Karen
The cool kids worked out that a shitload of vaseline in your beard and on the mask makes a seal so that you can look tough-as-hell with your SPECOPS beard and still not ingest CS gas.
I used Vaseline a couple of times to seal up a dive mask when i had a mo. The second time I shaved it off because it was easier than getting it out:rolleyes:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We tried things like that for the rescue squads but overall not effective when you are risking poisonous vapours. Want to keep the beard? You cannot join the rescue squad. I have had a beard of sorts for about 30 years. Mostly to hide my face to reduce social vomiting and laziness but it would come off if masks were mandated in public spaces.

stirk

Burner
Reminds me of being an apprentice and having to spray some metal frames blue. They gave me a dust mask, by the time I was done all the mask did was draw in the blue paint around my mouth and made me look like I’d just gone down on smurfette.

tobbogonist

a registered member
I dunno - I'll just put this here.

Dropped past Coles tonight to pick our click & collect. A bellend cut across my bow in the carpark, heading for C&C too, driving like a dick.

Well, they fucked up our orders & I came home with bellend's stuff.

I have to return to pick up my shopping tomorrow but suck shit, bellend.
Old mate is gunna have to add a few tubes of sore bellend cream to his order.

I dont go anywhere near our coles carpark, I usually park a block over and walk. Missus thinks its hilarious.