Confessions from the fuckwits

charlieking97

Likes Dirt
If anyone knows where the water in forks thread is, i will love you forever if you share it with me and the rest of the world

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
I bought a great set of specialized carbon brain forks for 25 bucks to them realiser that they were 1.5" tapered. It worked out in the end as I just machined up a new custom headset to fit the current frame but it added another month of stuffing around to get off my arse and make it

Shredden

Knows his goats
HHAhaha yes!

I am most proud of my DeeMax carbon troll, but waterforks comes pretty close... Although I actually did do it for real.

moorey

call me Mia
Deemax takes the win. People flipped out that they were sucked in, and had started selling their kidneys and kids to buy a set.
Theo has prodiginous arsehattedness talent....this needs nurchering and encouraging, folks. Even if he IS a ranga.

doosh

Likes Bikes
When I was getting into a bit of light DH on my hardtail, I started dropping the seat post at the top of the run. The fucker kept getting loose after 20 metres of riding, so I kept doing the clamp up tighter and tighter, same thing kept happening. Eventually cracked the clamp, went and bought a new one, same damn thing kept happening. Seat was fine at normal height but couldn’t keep it tight at the lower height. Cracked that second clamp too from overtightening.

Eventually realised the post narrowed at the top.

Shredden

Knows his goats
When I was getting into a bit of light DH on my hardtail, I started dropping the seat post at the top of the run. The fucker kept getting loose after 20 metres of riding, so I kept doing the clamp up tighter and tighter, same thing kept happening. Eventually cracked the clamp, went and bought a new one, same damn thing kept happening. Seat was fine at normal height but couldn’t keep it tight at the lower height. Cracked that second clamp too from overtightening.

Eventually realised the post narrowed at the top.
Did the frame end up cracking? Saw it happen on a roady frame once.

piggy pie

Likes Bikes
Damn I knew my name would come up.

Uhmmmm lets see:

- Phone and iPod in wall: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...one-is-in-a-wall-and-I-cant-get-it-out!/page9
- Water in forks (cant find thread)
- Taking a few hours to figure out my 10sp saint kit wasn't working because I accidentally picked up the wrong cassette box (9sp) after buying a 10sp one at work.
- Mavic deemax carbones: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?235803-Mavic-DeeMax-Carbone (seriously guys, people texting me death threats?)
- Turning my gopro on then clipping it on my helmet while i was wearing it, pressing record then only realizing after one of the best crashes of my life that i had put it on backwards.
- Buying crankbrothers opium wheels: http://vimeo.com/36122948 (classic stuff, everyone said they would break when I bought them, then 2 runs in I folded them. Squealing was for the camera aha, I'm not that emotional).
- Putting my DH tyres on the wrong way every damn time.
- Stabbing myself in the eye with a screwdriver trying to bounce it off the floor.

Damn I wish I could be 13 again.
thought the deemax thing was absozzle classic, my fuckwittery revolves around me once thinking people on this site actually rode bikes, ha:tape:

madstace

Likes Dirt
thought the deemax thing was absozzle classic
Me too. Not sure how I missed it originally, but very well done. While it probably would have been received better on April 1st, I can't believe there were death threats as a result of a (rather amusing) prank. Some people on here need to seek professional help.... :crazy:

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Deemax takes the win. People flipped out that they were sucked in, and had started selling their kidneys and kids to buy a set.
Theo has prodiginous arsehattedness talent....this needs nurchering and encouraging, folks. Even if he IS a ranga.
Yeah the mad peeps are the ones that got suckered in. I fell for it, but am happy to tip my hat to such mischeivious talent.

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Hahaha tip of the hat Shredden; I missed the Mavic DeeMax Carbone pearl.
The dudes getting bent out of shape for being trolled was absolute gold.
I ride bikes because it's a bit of fun, just like everyone on here [I hope]. I've been lucky enough to have been paid to ride them and wrench on them at various times in my life. As well I've moved around a bit, which has exposed me to quite a few MTBers over the last couple of decades. One thing that remains constant is the magpie reflex of cyclists; the desire for the latest/ lightest/ shiniest thing and it needs to be goosed every so often. I was surprised to see some of the high milage members having a sook about it when perhaps they just needed a nap. Those who sent you death threats because you got their hopes up over the possibility some discretionary spending need to have a good hard look at themselves and their motivations for riding.

finksta

Likes Dirt
I got some new carbon bars and had a few things to do on my bike, so thought I'd put them on. I loosely tightened the stem face plate, and got the bars in the position I wanted. I started putting grips etc on, thinking I'll torque up the bolts later.

Went out for a ride two days later, start heading down a fairly fast, rough hill, and my bars started spinning down making it really hard to grab the brake to pull the bike up. Guess I forgot to torque those bolts up, doh!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

moorey

call me Mia
Bought a compete bike off here 12 months ago. Owner was Canuck, living in aus, selling bikes to head home for trip.
Bike was shipped basically complete, wheels off. I excitedly assembled, checked, straightened and tightened everything, jumped on to do lap of driveway in the dark, came round the corner, pulled on left brake while turning into garage to do a gnarly skid......forgot that those over the pond run opposite brakes... Down I go...