Confessions from the fuckwits

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Daily confession:
Topaz on the ENR always looses a bit of air in the reservoir, so thought I’d pull it off to investigate a service and try a different shock.
Swear I saw it was 216x63, so went to bang on Monarch RC3 plus.
Nope, it’s 200x57, and I’m all out of good 200x57 monarchs.
I have a CCDBA. Seen them running the in-line, thought I’d try it out. Air valve fouls at the back, but hmmm….if I turn the air can 180, valve will face the front. Looks like I should be able to fit the pump, even though it’s close to the piggyback. Yep, close, but fits.
Swap all the hardware, fit the shock, go to sit on it….anyone notice the bleeding obvious, unlike me?
View attachment 380078View attachment 380079
Bang bang bang….ugh what’s going on it’s noisier than my Oranges.

moorey

call me Mia
You utter cusswit. Many a time have I been unable to see the forest because of all the damn trees, is there a solution or does this render you shockless?
It was stupidly obvious as soon as I saw it.
Have other less ideal options, but the easiest one is to just top up the piggyback weekly. The T3 are apparently well know for it losing a bit of air. Certainly rides better at the right pressure. I’ll keep an eye out for another RC3 monarch plus. Could have sworn I had a spare.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
It was stupidly obvious as soon as I saw it.
Have other less ideal options, but the easiest one is to just top up the piggyback weekly. The T3 are apparently well know for it losing a bit of air. Certainly rides better at the right pressure. I’ll keep an eye out for another RC3 monarch plus. Could have sworn I had a spare.
Might just need to regrease where the bladder in the piggy back seals, fairly easy job but you'll have to set the shock up in a way that you don't lose any oil when you pull the bladder out. Or just put a new valve core in it first and see if that fixes it.

safreek

Then went to pump up the front tyre and found I had no adapter for those idiot valves. Go to change the front wheel and obviously had no spare 203 rotor, fortunately the one on the removed wheel came off easy.
Also this happened on the way to the trails

nathanm

Eats Squid
sold a shifter and rear derailleur when cleaning out all my parts bins, then took a big box full of parts to the Hobart Bike Kitchen and threw all my surplus shifters and front derailleurs in last minute to be donated as well. You guessed it, threw in the rear shifter not the front shifter by mistake and had to refund the buyer his money. FW

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Turns out I'm world time zone challenged.

Planned on watching the snowshoe dh world cup race 1.

Earlier in the week looked at the app "yep that's 230am Friday morning, sweet."

Get up this morning and see the app reminder from 12am "race starts in 2.5hrs".

Fuckwit.