Confessions from the fuckwits

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Running 1x9 on street bike. Needed new shifter. Nothing fancy required so hurriedly ordered cheapest alivio one... the bloody front one! The slogan "triple trigger" is now embedded in my psyche.
Triple triggered!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Running 1x9 on street bike. Needed new shifter. Nothing fancy required so hurriedly ordered cheapest alivio one... the bloody front one! The slogan "triple trigger" is now embedded in my psyche.
Triple triggered!
1x3 could be the new trend and you are the pioneer. Long live 1x3.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

stewyh

Likes Dirt
1x3 could be the new trend and you are the pioneer. Long live 1x3.

I actually cosidered that as a setup on a street trials rig I could also commute on. If I had the necessary bits lying around I'd probably have done it. Few folks on the interwebz running it. "Tringle speed" they call it haha.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Few folks on the interwebz running it. "Tringle speed" they call it haha.
Well, there you go. I never knew that. Will have to Google for Tringle Speed and have a lookie. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the info.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, there you go. I never knew that. Will have to Google for Tringle Speed and have a lookie. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the info.

I ran a bike Dingle speed for a while. Really sucked. Two gears, and neither was right.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was riding the bike 100m from car to work, carrying a work shirt on hanger in one hand. Little breeze blew shirt into front rotor within 5m of moving and stunned by the rapid reduction in speed, I pedaled even harder. It jammed thoroughly around the pads and rotor, ripping a dirty 8in hole in front & back of my shirt, and then I fell over.

Z

Zaf

I was riding the bike 100m from car to work, carrying a work shirt on hanger in one hand. Little breeze blew shirt into front rotor within 5m of moving and stunned by the rapid reduction in speed, I pedaled even harder. It jammed thoroughly around the pads and rotor, ripping a dirty 8in hole in front & back of my shirt, and then I fell over.
I'd pay good money to watch that.
Got a photo of the shirt?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I think you deserve kudos for trying to ride it out even to the detriment of your shirt. Top effort

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It jammed thoroughly around the pads and rotor, ripping a dirty 8in hole in front & back of my shirt, and then I fell over.
Must have been a very ordinary looking day at work. Have to stand sideways all day to avoid those probing eyes asking the same question 'What happened to your shirt?' again and again and again.........

Nice work sir :)

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
One on the back too.

Just above my belt. A few fingers pointed and snickering but I dont even mind
Fix that with a stapler. I once ripped the entire right seam of my shirt catching it on a handle at work. Stapled it back together and it saw out the day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fix that with a stapler. I once ripped the entire right seam of my shirt catching it on a handle at work. Stapled it back together and it saw out the day.
The old stationary locker repair moves. Might be some good tape in there too if he needs a patch.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel like I let the team down with my lack of office survival skills. TBH the first thing that crossed my mind was to take the hint, turn around and go back home.