COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Flow-Rider

Burner
. There is no good option on the table, do we let heap die in palliative care so a bunch of over leveraged shitcunts that haven’t saved for a rainy day keep some BS services job that isn’t recession proof?
I was going to say this before and add that he must be the off-spring of Hitler. This Govt punished people for saving and it, and all of its shitcunts should swallow it well and truly deep throat style.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
The states have a lot of autonomy to make tough decisions, but I think they are likewise playing a bit of a safe game. Each juggling how far they can push things and not be too far ahead of the other states. Nobody wants the guilt/blame for killing the economy, federally or state.
The weird thing about Federation is that States handle most things in country...the Feds do the funding and the out country stuff. And all the members carry a knife. The Prime Minister is just one knife...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The weird thing about Federation is that States handle most things in country...the Feds do the funding and the out country stuff. And all the members carry a knife. The Prime Minister is just one knife...
Beware the ides of March. He must be feeling a little nervous.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
That sounds like the perfect situation when a patient arrives already done for and are just wheeled off to the death tent. No patient gets progressively sicker and need icu services to then recover in that scenario. Are they just going to use a triage nurse to tick and flick?

I’m a sole trader, self employed I get a lot of income out of Italy, France and Germany on top of oz, how do think that is going to work out for me? There is zero stimulus for me.. Yet I’m here screaming for a shutdown.. There is no good option on the table, do we let heap die in palliative care so a bunch of over leveraged shitcunts that haven’t saved for a rainy day keep some BS services job that isn’t recession proof?
Even if we manage to flatten the curve there will almost certainly be more demand for icu beds then can be met.

Without triage, the icu beds will go to whoever is sick first. It makes more sense to reserve the icu beds for those with the best chance of survival. This is much like what we already do for organ transplant patients where demand far outstrips supply.

I'm not suggesting that there is a good option. I just feel like we are focusing solely on a very costly containment, because this is all epidemioligists think about without considering mitigation which has a different set of costs that fall on a different set of people.

Personally if I was 60+ with kids just starting their careers I'd be screaming harder to save the economy.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
its frightening seeing it spread locally....the link below shows whats going on around you

Coronavirus case tracker (covid-19 infections NEAR YOU)

latest AU stats collated:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia

..stay safe & smart everyone. feeling very anxious for my fam who are in their senior years &/or are vulnerable :(

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wife and I have been laughing/shaking our heads at whorders all week. Now that gyms are to be shut she is trying to panic buy a squat rack.
Better get weight plates quick. Weight plates and Hand weights are all sold out in my area.
My wife teachers a gym class as a hobby job and had to order so stuff on line to keep in practice while the gym is closed. I have a kettle bell I could get swinging if I get bored enough.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hahahahaaaaa!

Damian Boey, the head of macro strategy and economics at Credit Suisse is now forecasting the local index to rise at an annualised pace of 6.6 per cent over the next five years.
How do these people sleep at night? They are like modern day crystal ball readers...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even if we manage to flatten the curve there will almost certainly be more demand for icu beds then can be met.

Without triage, the icu beds will go to whoever is sick first. It makes more sense to reserve the icu beds for those with the best chance of survival. This is much like what we already do for organ transplant patients where demand far outstrips supply.

I'm not suggesting that there is a good option. I just feel like we are focusing solely on a very costly containment, because this is all epidemioligists think about without considering mitigation which has a different set of costs that fall on a different set of people.

Personally if I was 60+ with kids just starting their careers I'd be screaming harder to save the economy.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
There is clear evidence now showing a fast hard short shutdown/lockdown to stop the virus rather than flattening the curve provides the best health and economic outcome. We haven’t acted fast enough so we can’t just let the virus rip now as you suggest.
That is the reason I am saying shutdown it all down, keep the states and borders locked and get the economy going again after while we work out a long term plan. Right now we are just going to end up grinding everything into the ground for 6-12months.. Victoria is trying to shutdown but scotty is stopping it.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
There is clear evidence now showing a fast hard short shutdown/lockdown to stop the virus rather than flattening the curve provides the best health and economic outcome. We haven’t acted fast enough so we can’t just let the virus rip now as you suggest.
That is the reason I am saying shutdown it all down, keep the states and borders locked and get the economy going again after while we work out a long term plan. Right now we are just going to end up grinding everything into the ground for 6-12months.. Victoria is trying to shutdown but scotty is stopping it.
Looks more and more like the only option.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

https://www.bing.com/covid

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well at least hairdressers and beauty salons are essential
Yeah, I didn't understand this bit. Especially as when I dropped into the shops yesterday I walked past a beautician where a woman was getting her nails done - hand to hand contact, across a table, so that's less than a meter apart, without masks.

How is that good social distancing?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Why the fuck are those idiots in the US still doing press conferences with head nodders standing inches away! Insane.
No wonder they are on the road to destination fucked!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Yeah, I didn't understand this bit. Especially as when I dropped into the shops yesterday I walked past a beautician where a woman was getting her nails done - hand to hand contact, across a table, so that's less than a meter apart, without masks.

How is that good social distancing?
Got me confused either - you can't go to the gym but you can get a manicure? I'm long overdue for a haircut, but there's no way I'm going anywhere near a barber for the forseeable future. Stopped shaving too, so I'll look like a hobo when I'm living out of my car.

moorey

call me Mia
Why the fuck are those idiots in the US still doing press conferences with head nodders standing inches away! Insane.
No wonder they are on the road to destination fucked!
Because at least 4 in Trumps inner circle have tested positive. Darwinism on display.