COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Side question for all the Queenslanders here - where the fuck is Palaszczuk? I’ve seen and heard from Dan Andrews, Gladys, McGowan, Marshall over the last week, but it seems like it’s crickets from our state govt. Am I looking in the wrong place, or has she got her head up her arse?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dan Andrew’s presser is going to be interesting in the morning.. A lot of businesses will be hanging on the definition of essential service.. Few guys I work with are shitting themselves as they ain’t considered essential..
The PM’s presser was a complete mess, the states are all starting to go alone. I do find it idiotic the the Fed gov has any say over state schools which are 90% funded and controlled by the state govs.. The fed funds independent and catholic schools of which are lot have already shut..

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Dan Andrew’s presser is going to be interesting in the morning.. A lot of businesses will be hanging on the definition of essential service.. Few guys I work with are shitting themselves as they ain’t considered essential..
The PM’s presser was a complete mess, the states are all starting to go alone. I do find it idiotic the the Fed gov has any say over state schools which are 90% funded and controlled by the state govs.. The fed funds independent and catholic schools of which are lot have already shut..
Seems like there is a little tension between State and Federal....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The states have a lot of autonomy to make tough decisions, but I think they are likewise playing a bit of a safe game. Each juggling how far they can push things and not be too far ahead of the other states. Nobody wants the guilt/blame for killing the economy, federally or state.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So ask yourself this, would you rather a sensible across the board protocol to triage patients and divert people who have a low chance of survival away from hospitals into palliative care. Or do you want the shitshow we are seeing in Italy where the massively over worked doctors are being lumped with all the responsibility for really heart breaking decisions?

And then ponder whether guaranteeing that at least one of your friends or family will become long term unemployed is worth a strategy with a very negative expected return.
That sounds like the perfect situation when a patient arrives already done for and are just wheeled off to the death tent. No patient gets progressively sicker and need icu services to then recover in that scenario. Are they just going to use a triage nurse to tick and flick?

I’m a sole trader, self employed I get a lot of income out of Italy, France and Germany on top of oz, how do think that is going to work out for me? There is zero stimulus for me.. Yet I’m here screaming for a shutdown.. There is no good option on the table, do we let heap die in palliative care so a bunch of over leveraged shitcunts that haven’t saved for a rainy day keep some BS services job that isn’t recession proof?