COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
PM on the telly now - shutting stuff down, pubs, clubs, places of worship, cafes and restaurants are take away only... Scomo and the premiers are pissed off with the fuckwits being cavalier with the social isolation requirements.
Says the man who went to a massive Hillsong rally last week!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Info is a bit dated, Aunty is reporting NSW at 533 now...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/nsw-coronavirus-cases-rise-beyond-500/12079208

NSW Health said several new diagnoses of COVID-19 had occurred among backpackers in the Bondi area.
It is warning that some new cases in Bondi are linked to two parties last weekend.
People who attended the Boogie Wonderland party at the Bucket List bar in Bondi and another event at Club 77 in Darlinghurst on March 15 are urged to be alert for symptoms.
Figures are going to go up exponentially, I hope it doesn't get as bad as Italy with their death rates.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Normative judgements can't really be applied to slum dwellers who live hand to mouth and have to work day in and day out. You could say the same about the poor in the US/EU/anywhere.
Why are you associating idiocy with wealth? I have but seen many an affluent moron in the last few days, if I can judge affluence by appearance alone.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Seems hypocritical doesn’t it. Schools need to close (read what Creaky said a page or so ago), only critical services need to stay open (eg. supermarkets) and time restricted access only like they are doing with the elderly. Do it by postcode, age, whatever, but reduce the number of people in shops at the same time.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Well It’s all well and good to hear middle-class middle-aged men have a passionate and reasonably well informed discussion about this whole thing. But I, like most Australians, will not change what I think or how I behave until I hear it from a celebrity....
According to Google, this is a celebrity

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Why are you associating idiocy with wealth? I have but seen many an affluent moron in the last few days, if I can judge affluence by appearance alone.
I'm not. I'm just pointing out that normative judgements may not always be appropriate.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
SCOMO is a soft cock! Grow a pair ffs!
Aye - just read the (limited) transcript. "exercise some sensible judgement" - I think we have proven ourselves incapable of that.

And...

Chief medical officer Brendan Murphy says our lives must change dramatically if Australia is going to get through the pandemic. Every Australian must play their role. Young people must remember that their actions could kill elder, more vulnerable Australians.
Well legislate the changes FFS. You ain't going to see the common man hobble himself!