COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
How good is ‘Murica

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/upshot/coronavirus-tests-unpredictable-prices.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Before a camping and kayaking trip along the Texas Coast, Pam LeBlanc and Jimmy Harvey decided to get coronavirus tests. They wanted a bit more peace of mind before spending 13 days in close quarters along with three friends.

The two got drive-through tests at Austin Emergency Center in Austin. The center advertises a “minimally invasive” testing experience in a state now battling one of the country’s worst coronavirus outbreaks. Texas recorded 5,799 new cases Sunday, and recently reversed some if its reopening policies.

They both recalled how uncomfortable it was to have the long nasal swab pushed up their noses. Ms. LeBlanc’s eyes started to tear up; Mr. Harvey felt as if the swab “was in my brain.”

Their tests came back with the same result — negative, allowing the trip to go ahead — but the accompanying bills were quite different.

The emergency room charged Mr. Harvey $199 in cash. Ms. LeBlanc, who paid with insurance, was charged $6,408.

“I assumed, like an idiot, it would be cheaper to use my insurance than pay cash right there,” Ms. LeBlanc said. “This is 32 times the cost of what my friend paid for the exact same thing.”

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I hear so many state that it's against their rights to have to wear a mask. What's the difference between that an any other law in the country?
Do you throw away all laws and make it a free for all because they take away your rights?
"It's not a Democracy, it a Republic!" ah lady, it's both;)
You can obviously see the common "God" theme there too :rolleyes:

moorey

call me Mia
States rights! Republicans love it....unless it’s pesky democratic states who won’t follow suit and need an executive order.

moorey

call me Mia
Fun fact (citation needed). Arizona had banned the use of masks in their state. They do have a large mask making factory though. Last month, when Trump toured the facility, his team piped ‘live and let die’ over the PA system.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Fun fact (citation needed). Arizona had banned the use of masks in their state. They do have a large mask making factory though. Last month, when Trump toured the facility, his team piped ‘live and let die’ over the PA system.
Looking for evidence that "...Arizona had banned the use of masks in their state..."

Latest position:

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...e-mask-mandate-amid-arizona-coronavirus-surge
Phoenix has joined several cities across Arizona requiring residents to wear masks in public spaces as the state contends with an aggressive spike in coronavirus cases.
The City Council voted Friday to implement the mandatory face covering rule, which will go into effect on Saturday at 6 a.m.
Phoenix is the fifth largest city in the U.S., with a population of nearly 1.7 million people in 2019, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
All I can find is that once it was planned to block the mandatory use of face masks. Which is not the same thing as saying you can't use a face mask.

safreek

SA's all borders open by 20th July plan cancelled.

Decision to be made about NSW and ACT later this week.
I don't blame them, bloody Victorians ;)
They are all heading here to contaminate us, then when the QLD border opens to nsw we can contaminate them, weirdos.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
#notallvictorians.
Bloody hipster Melbournians ruining it for everyone.
Would be awesome if we could get the whole country down to quarantine cases only.

I never leave Australia anyway, though been talking about NZ trip in the next year or so.

Maybe i'm getting old or selfishly got the Drawbridge Mentality going on but just get a Tasman Bubble up and running and ban the rest of the world indefinitely :)

Freediver

I can go full Karen
As of tomorrow night I'm back in lockdown. This is because a heap of religious fucknuckles had to break the rules and have their celebrations, spreading covid amongst themselves. I've always thought that anybody with religious beliefs is an idiot but surely going to a banned sky fairy worship party when you have a job that required you to self quarantine is taking that stupidity to a whole new level.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
That’s some trump level story telling there chiggs :eek: did you get that from JUNKEE?

Maybe i'm getting old or selfishly got the Drawbridge Mentality going on but just get a Tasman Bubble up and running and ban the rest of the world indefinitely :)
We’ll create the bubble with tassie. The rest of you can get stuffed ;)