COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have you guys formed a local mikitia to patrol the boundary and enforce the lockdown? You wouldn't want these "neighbours" bringing their infections to your side of the street.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Based on the toilet paper wars fought a few months ago which restarted last week that we are in a dystopian society already! It's 1984 mate.
I literally re read 1984 at Xmas time too. Mr Orwell knew what was coming!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Working on it as we speak but still workshopping how we’re all going to sneak across lines to the better coffee shop across the road.
You need to do a late night barista snatch. Just stuff them in a sack for 14 days and keep them in the garage.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is why Wikipedia is not regarded as a reliable source.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Occams razor and the abc act tell me to go with the abc stats.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think the always present baby sitter had a "news" item scroll across the screen yesterday regarding some fresh cases in the Sydney area, possibly involving a Woolworths. But certainly nothing like the difficulty of securing a quarantine hotel.

moorey

call me Mia
Was listening to a US health official on a podcast talking about the new 60k daily infection tally. He firmly believes that due to poor testing in the most effected counties, the actual number is at least 4x that, and possibly as much as 10x that. Potentially 500k NEW infections in one day? Jebus I hope that’s wrong.

Oddjob

Was listening to a US health official on a podcast talking about the new 60k daily infection tally. He firmly believes that due to poor testing in the most effected counties, the actual number is at least 4x that, and possibly as much as 10x that. Potentially 500k NEW infections in one day? Jebus I hope that’s wrong.
If the 10x was the case you would see daily stories of health systems collapsing.

I was reading some disturbing stories of how much people are being charged for tests, upwards of $6000 usd in some weird cases. Given the damage that is being done to the economy, the US govt should be testing like mad and covering the bill.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If the 10x was the case you would see daily stories of health systems collapsing.

I was reading some disturbing stories of how much people are being charged for tests, upwards of $6000 usd in some weird cases. Given the damage that is being done to the economy, the US govt should be testing like mad and covering the bill.

There is a lot of stuff out there to be read. Not all of it needs to be believed.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
There is a lot of stuff out there to be read. Not all of it needs to be believed.

Have also heard the $6000+ figures. If you have insurance, there is probably a substantial deductible. You’re probably right though. Inflated figures bandied around.
Either way, I don’t want to live in the US

Last edited:

Oddjob

It was a NYT story, a couple going interstate wanted to be tested. One paid $200 cash, the other claimed on their insurance and it was $6000+.