COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I hear that the Tassie economy is booming because of government spending which is funded by the GST from other states.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I hear that the Tassie economy is booming because of government spending which is funded by the GST from other states.
Telstra? GST? Senator what's his name..? Shit mind blank on the old fossil.

What was the unemployment scenario down there for 2019 @nathanm? I'm happy to wrong, a good economic situation in Tasmania is good for the rest of us too. And it helps you guys keep people like @Haakon from buying all your houses!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's completely different lifestyle from the mainland, I looked at the equivalent job in Tassie that I do here in SA, I love the place but its basically a 50% pay cut. Better off for me to work here and head over there for 3-4 weeks each year and enjoy the good stuff.

There are some cracking houses around Launceston and Hobart but in general, the houses are cheaper and there are more rural areas that probably don't require people to look for jobs as there are none in the area.
Missus's brother just moved there a couple of years ago, bought a little place in Lilydale that needed a lot of work and has a few acres... wasn't cheap either.

You cant compare it to Victoria or NSW where they thrive (usually), mega expensive properties if you are a city slicker and I'm sure, very similar country areas that suck the GST out of the 'thriving' parts of the state.

Another noticeable thing are the vehicles, mainland cities/towns are full of expensive vehicles, AMG mercs, Ferraris, new 4WDs everywhere and every other 22yrs old tradie drives a new Ford Ranger. Obviously I only get a snapshot but the majority of vehicles are older and very few expensive vehicles with Tassie plates.

I don't know the figures nor have I looked but I reckon it would be getting harder and harder to hide on the mainland if you really didn't want to work, just happy to draw the dole and grow some plants. Probably why Tassie may have higher unemployment.

In SA, about 5-6 years back, they moved the urban sprawl boundary. The beautiful Kangaroo Island (I have been there 3 times) was a different place on my last visit. A lot of families moved there as you don't have to seek-a-job, I dont like to label but when you pull in at one of the may places of natural beauty and arseholes have used the carpark for a burnout party and discarded beer bottles everywhere, its plain see what's happened.

Last edited:

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Another noticeable thing are the vehicles, mainland cities/towns are full of expensive vehicles, AMG mercs, Ferraris, new 4WDs everywhere and every other 22yrs old tradie drives a new Ford Ranger.
A house down the road was purchased by the Catholic church for "respite care". I joke with neighbours that Pell's moved in.

Anyway, I digress - the church had lots of renos done pretty much straight after buying it. That work included something or other being carried out by a tradie (fluro shirt, shorts, boots, etc) who arrived in one of these:

I shit you not.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
A house down the road was purchased by the Catholic church for "respite care". I joke with neighbours that Pell's moved in.

I shit you not.
R8 in Tassie... maybe in Sth Hobart or Wellington foothills.

Bloody NSW tradies have stepped it up a notch :) Only Rangers and HiLux's here in SA.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Oh noes

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
Marketed incorrectly, based on my observations they could have said wearing active wear prevents spreading the disease as no one wants to get close or be associated with the wearer.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

Anyway, I digress - the church had lots of renos done pretty much straight after buying it. That work included something or other being carried out by a tradie (fluro shirt, shorts, boots, etc) who arrived in one of these:

I shit you not.
That would have been the architect, they love playing dress ups when they go on site.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

I shit you not.
I’d rather my boss turn up in one of those than a ss ute or something.
Atleast he’s not pretending it’s a work vehicle

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Sitting in the car waiting for an nasal probing. Step kids dad has the rona.

The traffic controllers have everyone reverse their car into a parking spot in a holding bay.

75% of people need three shots at reversing into a spot with a car on only one side. Is this a symptom of the rona?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Sitting in the car waiting for an nasal probing. Step kids dad has the rona.

The traffic controllers have everyone reverse their car into a parking spot in a holding bay.

75% of people need three shots at reversing into a spot with a car on only one side. Is this a symptom of the rona?
If only. Unfortunately it's a symptom of kids being taught how to pass a test, rather than being taught how to operate a vehicle.

If you want me to rant further I'll be on the porch in my rocking chair

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Fuck the swab was pushed onto my brain stem.

Would not want kids to go though that.

Way worse then when a doctor or pathology lab has taken a nasal swab in the past.
Bit of fun aren't they!

Turns out I have a blockage in my right nostril, they jammed the swab up there till I couldn't see from the tears, then gave up and tickled my brain from the left side.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Let’s hope fecal testing doesn’t prove to be more accurate than nasal swabs.

Cue girls and cup banter...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got a test today (doing the right thing with just a bit of a cough) and the nasal swipe was nowhere near as bad as I had been told it was. Maybe my nurse was kind.
Seems to be a wide range of how far they shove the nasal stabby stick..