COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
To be honest, the whole accuracy of the tests have been a fear of mine the whole way through, especially after that story of the dodgy ones out of china. Where are our tests even coming from. Are they even being carried out correctly at all these pop up clinics. Are the results being handled correctly.
I know we need to test for it, but cant help thinking about how much the testing itself is helping to spread this thing.
chris the pop up sites are just collecting samples, kits are sent to major lab;s with pcr machines, with most of these types of tests both false positive.negative tests are possible, usually around 5% of all samples..the test kits don’t have to keep the virus alive..it tests their dna, doesn’t matter if dead can still be detected. if you are swabbed poorly this maybe not gather enough material to warrant a positive test (no with these tests all genetic material is copied/made more of before testing, the machines can only detect a certain amount of genetic material eg 1000 units a]needed to register positive, if the swab only collects 20 virus units..it is replicated to bring number up to detctecbal levels -if it is indeed a dodgy kit it can hamper the copying of the dna units, giving a false negative

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Although the reporting is mostly what They want us to think, the trend seems to be that false positives (which most of Them won't admit are A Thing) outnumber the false negatives by a fair margin.
always, when i worked in pathology false positives, everything from pregnancy tests to TB results, false pos can run as high as 2-3%, false negatives on blood are quite low, <1%,,,on swabs false negative much higher -it relies on getting a good sample and being transported correctly, sampled, replicated $& tested correctly

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s funny coz it’s true :D

I reckon NSW will show us what for. They hate us beating them.
Damn right. We are as stupid as we are competitive!

Super gran's 90th birthday yesterday. Dear old thing has never wanted a birthday party before, but this time she did. All those great aunties and uncles jammed in to the venue. Most of whom I haven't seen this year. "Oh it's just a hug...".

creaky

XMAS Plumper

Super gran's 90th birthday yesterday. Dear old thing has never wanted a birthday party before, but this time she did. All those great aunties and uncles jammed in to the venue. Most of whom I haven't seen this year. "Oh it's just a hug...".
Super spreader !

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

She secretly hates the lot of you!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Car vs Cyclist crew have left the road-toads alone to 'kick-a-Vic'.

Shared 10k times. He's being hunted harder than a murderer.

View attachment 365058
Ok this stuff really confuses me. What the hell are these people crossing the border for? Probably safe to assume they haven't driven from the Metro area so they weren't looked down. What's so awesome about regional SA compared to regional Vic?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Finally.
This wishy washy "we'd prefer if you did" bollocks achieves nothing. We need the majority wearing them for it to have any real effect.
I've been wearing mine at work for a week now (even though I've been alone 90% of the time). Wifey is in childcare and apparently the kids get a bit freaked out by them, but I think they'll get over it. We needed this directive to get shit sorted. The quicker this is normal, the quicker we'll come out the other side.

Ok this stuff really confuses me. What the hell are these people crossing the border for? Probably safe to assume they haven't driven from the Metro area so they weren't looked down. What's so awesome about regional SA compared to regional Vic?
No "comrade Dan Andrews" I assume. The people that didn't like him are utterly rabid about it at the moment.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Finally.
This wishy washy "we'd prefer if you did" bollocks achieves nothing. We need the majority wearing them for it to have any real effect.
I've been wearing mine at work for a week now (even though I've been alone 90% of the time). Wifey is in childcare and apparently the kids get a bit freaked out by them, but I think they'll get over it. We needed this directive to get shit sorted. The quicker this is normal, the quicker we'll come out the other side.

No "comrade Dan Andrews" I assume. The people that didn't like him are utterly rabid about it at the moment.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I had to go to the optometrist yesterday which is in the local shopping center. I was pleasantly surprised by how many had some kind of mask (probably at least 85%) but completely agree on the wording of directives/recommendations/press conferences being all over the place.
At a guess he's caught somehwre between being 'Dictator Dan' and not being forceful enough, and he and his people don't know which way to lean as he's screwed either way