COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Such a weird situation where it's kicking off massively and you can't visit someone at home but pubs and restaurants are "Controlled" so they're OK as long as you've got a mask on.

I understand that shutting hospitality down again will have some huge flow on effects but damn...

The collective Karens will be frothing

binner

Hath shat hymself
They look older than what they say, like what teenager gets Botox ? The grubs gave fake names after going on a stealing spree in the shopping centres.
these asshats fucking ruined it for us. We were doing so well and I really thought we were going to be OK for longer than this. I work at a uni here in Bris and we just had our students return for Sem 2. We have stringent protocols in place for using workshop spaces and it was soooooo exciting to see students back on campus after so many months of a deserted campus. My techs helping out when needed (at a distance) which was awesome to see them back at their job, but now I feel we are just a few weeks, maybe not even weeks from being closed down again because of selfish fuckheads. They need to be charged and fucking made accountable for their actions.
My fam have now decided its time to retreat back into home and only go out when totally necessary, fuckity fuck fucks!!!!!

.....guess it's back to WFO

binner

Hath shat hymself
...and on the same theme about students returning, holy shit!! the number of times late yesterday arvo and up to now that my students are asking "whats going to happen at uni?" I feel really bad for the grad students of this year and our first year cohort if we are shut down again. I get the feeling they are ready for closure but I'm telling them to continue the distancing rule, iso station use and protocols set in place until told anything different by the Heads of School.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
...and on the same theme about students returning, holy shit!! the number of times late yesterday arvo and up to now that my students are asking "whats going to happen at uni?" I feel really bad for the grad students of this year and our first year cohort if we are shut down again. I get the feeling they are ready for closure but I'm telling them to continue the distancing rule, iso station use and protocols set in place until told anything different by the Heads of School.
Were still online only... they have called it Blended but we have no notion of being allowed into TAFE for courses that do not require any hands on learning.

I'm trying to do work now but keep getting drawn in other places :oops:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
QLD, brace yourself. Would be surprised if Palaszczuk doesn't have some kind of lockdown announcement today.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6176380456001
I reckon they’ll wait to see what testing results look like over the next few days to see what they’re dealing with. Those thieving scum have been all over the place though, so it doesn’t bode well.

The airlines need to step up here too, although I’d imagine they falsified their flight booking details too, travelling under different names on each flight.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Were still online only... they have called it Blended but we have no notion of being allowed into TAFE for courses that do not require any hands on learning.

I'm trying to do work now but keep getting drawn in other places :oops:
...all theory is still online and remote but the VC opened all labs, workshops, fashion house, dance, tech production , music.... basically all of Creative Industries, (this is my area) to "on campus" activities with the new policies and protocols in place.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
...all theory is still online and remote but the VC opened all labs, workshops, fashion house, dance, tech production , music.... basically all of Creative Industries, (this is my area) to "on campus" activities with the new policies and protocols in place.
We were on campus for 3 delivery sessions last semester with strict distancing rules, the only others in there were Hair & Beauty bases courses and some IT classes, the place was basically empty.

Flow-Rider

Burner
these asshats fucking ruined it for us. We were doing so well and I really thought we were going to be OK for longer than this. I work at a uni here in Bris and we just had our students return for Sem 2. We have stringent protocols in place for using workshop spaces and it was soooooo exciting to see students back on campus after so many months of a deserted campus. My techs helping out when needed (at a distance) which was awesome to see them back at their job, but now I feel we are just a few weeks, maybe not even weeks from being closed down again because of selfish fuckheads. They need to be charged and fucking made accountable for their actions.
My fam have now decided its time to retreat back into home and only go out when totally necessary, fuckity fuck fucks!!!!!

.....guess it's back to WFO
They're not the only ones, there has been other corona cases here that they haven't been able to find the source of and a heap of arsehats gave fake details when they crossed the border after it was opened.
QLD, brace yourself. Would be surprised if Palaszczuk doesn't have some kind of lockdown announcement today.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6176380456001
Likely next Saturday.

Arseholes are coming up here to escape the lockdowns down south, I drive through a new estate to ride a trail network and before the Qld border opening there were many homes that were signed 'up for rent' then after the border opens all gone.

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve been doing a lot of driving around the last few days. I’m seeing most people doing the right thing and wearing masks.
Main offenders I saw not wearing them are tradies( saw a group of 10–15 having lunch and heaps of randoms on building sites) and a certain cultural group in my area.
There is a definite I don’t give a fuck attitude in some people that makes me want to scream.