COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what volume is vic doing compared to NSW? kid went for another test after getting sniffles and for the second time results came negative in less than 24 hours. tried looking up on health.gov.au , says vic has been unable to provide numbers since August 2, guess they are busy doing the work
I think it depends on where you are tested, I heard the vic regional tests go to Geelong for processing..
For testing numbers, they release the numbers every day I thought? I know nsw has dropped quite low (compared to the height of crossroads) but they always had a quicker turn around time compared to vic..

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Apparently if your positive the return the test quicker like 24-48 hrs. Neg results get the lowest priority. My old man had a test in regional vic and it took ~7 days for negitive result..
Yep, after test I was told it will be phone call within 48 hours if positive, or SMS/email within a few days if negative. I got a negative back the next day fortunately. This was in ACT a couple months ago for mine, but we had nowhere near volume as other states.

Minlak

custom titis
Qld hard closing all borders from 1am Saturday morning - the only way back into the state after that time is via a plane - so you have to arrange what to do with your car and go to an airport to get back in - unclear yet if you will then have to mandatory isolate in a hotel at your cost.
This I feel is a direct result of the selfish people flouting loop holes and pushing the boundaries of what was allowed.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Qld hard closing all borders from 1am Saturday morning - the only way back into the state after that time is via a plane - so you have to arrange what to do with your car and go to an airport to get back in - unclear yet if you will then have to mandatory isolate in a hotel at your cost.
This I feel is a direct result of the selfish people flouting loop holes and pushing the boundaries of what was allowed.
I hear NSW is doing the same with the Victorian border (locals communities excepted). Anyone coming into NSW by car or air is in mandatory hotel quarantine at their cost.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08...uthorities-confirm-12-new-infections/12525276

So, no one from VIC into NSW and no one from NSW (and ACT) into QLD without mandatory isolation.

Flow-Rider

Burner
But you are supposed to be wearing a mask and following social distancing requirements, so it should be low risk
Yeah, if people done the right thing we wouldn't most likely be where we are now, they only just caught 3 infected cocks here in Qld that lied to get over the border the other day.

nathanm

Eats Squid
May not be of interest to anyone as a comparison but my kid got sent home from school with a virus (for the second time after being sick with her mum for 4 days bit she didn't do anything about it).
Rang the doctor who said don't come in and make a booking a the purposely created respiratory centre to test for Covid, just in case.

We booked for 1pm and arrived to the centre where we waited outside to be let in by a doc in pretty much full hazmat. Despite being the only ones there they weren't playing. Sanitized 8 times, masks on straight away and we weren't allowed to touch anything whilst there. Got negative result back in 24 hours.

Was thoroughly impressed with how Tassie government is still treating things considering it's all but eradicated here.

Schools, work, shops etc is a whole different story. Nobody gives a shit anymore and most are acting like there is no covid and we never had it as there's not a single precaution being taken. I can see how it so easily gets out of control in a secondary outbreak.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Schools, work, shops etc is a whole different story. Nobody gives a shit anymore and most are acting like there is no covid and we never had it as there's not a single precaution being taken
Sounds like a lucky break. You've nailed it though, people have precaution fatigue. In Newcastle, despite Sydney blowing up and a few hotspots in the area, people seem to have just stopped giving a fuck. It is mind blowing just how quickly carelessness has come back in. My last day of work I had a large group of old people deliberately disobey the 10 people max rule after being told by 3 of us that they couldn't have a group over 10 people. Hand hygiene is all but gone. Social distancing? Yeah right...we are our own doom.

Last edited by a moderator: