COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sad to say I have to boycott my local cafe, that I go to every day.

Owner is a conspiracy theorist, and we've debated over the years about various things. Its got problematic with covid, as he doesn't accept its real thing, yet still says its caused by 5G. WTF?

He's refused to wear a mask since it came in as mandatory, and clearly some customers either mentioned it to him or complained to authorities.
Today a sign goes up that no staff will be wearing masks, as they all have medical exemptions, and he isn't expecting/requiring customers to wear them either (sorry for the pic, reflection is not my friend).

There's no basis for his medical exemption, I know how fit and healthy he is, and he's never mentioned it until today, only that he refused to wear one. His staff are all a bit new age, and fall into the same boat as :( mask refusers and non believers. Now many regular customers are taking their masks off and saying they won't wear them.

The WORST issue is his elderly father is an awesome dude who helps out in the cafe most days. He accepts covid as real and always wears a mask. He's just come out of remission after cancer treatment, and is very immune compromised. He's going to be the first covid death in Ballarat if anyone infectious comes into the cafe.

This dude can no longer abide. Again, sorry for bad pic.
View attachment 365896
Is this the same cafe where that moron couldn't park?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The whole "medical exemption" thing annoys me to be honest. In the handful of cases where it's a genuine issue, IMO those folk would mostly be pretty visibly ill/ailing. Seeing all the fit and healthy young folk out and about without masks makes me want to throat punch the feckers (and despite generally being a surly bugger, I'm pretty non-violent mostly...)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I can't lie, i'm tempted to question the exemption and alert the authorities about the mask refusers.
Yeah sorry, guy is clearly a dick and deserving of a nice big fat fine. 100% report to relevant authorities. There is no such thing as a blanket medical exemption for all the staff (unless they're counting the fact that they're all infected with stupid), and if one of them had such an exemption genuinely, then more reason for the others to mask up.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wearing a mask isn't even that big of a deal! Other than feeling like a knob because it is culturally unusual; it wasn't uncomfortable, I could breathe just fine, I didn't choke out on my breath, and I wasn't claustrophobic. People really can be difficult.

@moorey perhaps nailing a mask to his door frame overnight is in order?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Wearing a mask isn't even that big of a deal! Other than feeling like a knob because it is culturally unusual; it wasn't uncomfortable, I could breathe just fine, I didn't choke out on my breath, and I wasn't claustrophobic. People really can be difficult.

waste of a mask for someone who needs one, like hospital staff.

"wear a mask, you stupid selfish cunts" painted in big letters on the footpath outside the cafe, would be more appropriate, IMO.

moorey

call me Mia

'Faith alone won't stop Covid!'

I think Martin Luther is outside his knowledge base.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
so after 102 days of no recorded community transmission, NZ records 4 new cases in 1 family... the shits still out there... we're doomed
you would have to think this is a quarantine case jumping to general population, very unlikely that it has bubbled fir this long under the current circumstances, apparently 1 faily member goes near the quarantine area, they have given themselves 3 days to do the detective work & get an answer

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just imagine the possibilities.
That's a thirsty mofo, US$ too.

The M61 Vulcan, which is commonly found on F16, F18, and F22 fighter jets, is a six-barrel rotary cannon that could burn a $180,000 per minute. How? Each round of the 20mm ammunition costs $27, so continuous firing for one second would cost $2,970. Ouch!