COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Sad to say I have to boycott my local cafe, that I go to every day.

Owner is a conspiracy theorist, and we've debated over the years about various things. Its got problematic with covid, as he doesn't accept its real thing, yet still says its caused by 5G. WTF?

He's refused to wear a mask since it came in as mandatory, and clearly some customers either mentioned it to him or complained to authorities.
Today a sign goes up that no staff will be wearing masks, as they all have medical exemptions, and he isn't expecting/requiring customers to wear them either (sorry for the pic, reflection is not my friend).

There's no basis for his medical exemption, I know how fit and healthy he is, and he's never mentioned it until today, only that he refused to wear one. His staff are all a bit new age, and fall into the same boat as :( mask refusers and non believers. Now many regular customers are taking their masks off and saying they won't wear them.

The WORST issue is his elderly father is an awesome dude who helps out in the cafe most days. He accepts covid as real and always wears a mask. He's just come out of remission after cancer treatment, and is very immune compromised. He's going to be the first covid death in Ballarat if anyone infectious comes into the cafe.

This dude can no longer abide. Again, sorry for bad pic.
View attachment 365896
Throw these knobs a review... I doubt they'll post it, but they should get the message...

1 review in from me!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I didn't think you were taking the piss. I'm ropable. If he ends up in my wife's care, ima pin up a 'do not rescitate' sign.
Well, if you have a 'medical reason' not to wear a mask then I'd gamble the same 'medical reason' would also apply to a respirator in ICU.

It might be a bit Darwinian if he gets it and doesn't pull through. It is the unsuspecting and elderly that share these people's air that I truly feel sorry for.

moorey

call me Mia
Did you ask if there was a whitleblower's reward? 20% of all fines issued woudn't be too greedy... would be a dead giveaway when the owner sees you cruising past on your new 29er e-bike though.
I'll just confiscate his Dominican Hot Choc mix.

moorey

call me Mia
Well, that was quick. Local cop called, they've been down there, and say that while they also believe the medical exemption is a crock, Zach has produced one at least for himself, and he was the only staff member there at the time.
Cop was a regular there, and knows Zach, and says he won't go there any more due to this issue, and suggests I don't either. Good to know that they at least followed up quickly.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Why go up on firearms charges when a brick would be just as effective?
It’s about sending a message!
Nutjob conspiracy theorists would love a brick through the window, it’s such a libtard lefty thing. Only right wing freedom fighters own guns, using one would confuse the shit outta him.

PJO

in me vL comy
It’s about sending a message!
Nutjob conspiracy theorists would love a brick through the window, it’s such a libtard lefty thing. Only right wing freedom fighters own guns, using one would confuse the shit outta him.
Right got it. Destroy and confuse all in one.