COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Minlak

custom titis
It’s still 25k/day which is massive, presumably it will continue to come in waves as it continues to make its way around the country as areas flare up/lock down/reopen. The numbers are so high they’d have to shut the whole country down for like ~2 months to make any substantive difference.

Deaths are peaking again as they lag infections by a couple of weeks.
Not disagreeing with you here jut your relevant to my comment :)

We locked down - we crushed the curve - we are so good - annnndddd look at us now - Qld just added more restrictions as a surge in cases - makes it feel a bit like it is rippling around the country again.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Not disagreeing with you here jut your relevant to my comment :)

We locked down - we crushed the curve - we are so good - annnndddd look at us now - Qld just added more restrictions as a surge in cases - makes it feel a bit like it is rippling around the country again.
Six new community cases is not exactly a big number, however it is concerning as they haven’t yet traced the source and expect more cases are to come - hence the immediate restriction to 10 people max at home and outdoors for Brisbane and adjacent LGAs.

I believe Scomo was critical of Qld over our relatively low testing rates on Friday too, and he’s right. If this outbreak is linked to those young women who returned from Melbourne a few weeks back, and has been simmering undetected at low levels in the community, we should be worried. It doesn’t help that people aren’t presenting for testing, and showing up to work sick.

edit: seems the older lady at the centre of the current outbreak was asymptomatic for the first few days that she was working while infectious and only had a mild headache for the last couple of days.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think we are going to dribble along like tbis until the vaccine is rolled out. UnZed proved you cant defeat the thing completely.

Minlak

custom titis
The other problem everyone is facing is the situation means different things to different people - Its hard to unify a divided nation and accept this as the new reality when for the vast majority of people it is a non event.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The other problem everyone is facing is the situation means different things to different people - Its hard to unify a divided nation and accept this as the new reality when for the vast majority of people it is a non event.
Yeah, I've seen many post from people north of Vic gloating about their freedom to drink at pubs or go camping with mates. I can guarantee these same people will all kick up a stink and bend/break any rules set out that get in the way of what they like.

We've got enough of it down here with hundreds of numbnuts getting fined daily, and now this idiot group looking to have a protest.

90% tighten their belts and do what's needed, but that 10% will fuck us all over every time

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s time the Gimmes covered that. The hit it out of the park with ‘Believe’. @Ultra Lord does this count with Fat Mike?

I still wish Spike had of foregone the autotune for that one, I think normal vocals could have made it better.
He was too trashed when they played it at their Melbourne gig to know if would have sounded any good though...

moorey

call me Mia
I still wish Spike had of foregone the autotune for that one, I think normal vocals could have made it better.
He was too trashed when they played it at their Melbourne gig to know if would have sounded any good though...
I kinda like that it’s half arsed. Like how he runs out of breath on the intro.
In my decline years, there’s not a lot of bands I’d bother going to see these days. The Gimmes would be a must see though.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I kinda like that it’s half arsed. Like how he runs out of breath on the intro.
In my decline years, there’s not a lot of bands I’d bother going to see these days. The Gimmes would be a must see though.
They're always good fun.
Always interesting to see who actually plays on the night as well. Last time around The Doctor had to fill in for Chris Cheney, who was filling for Chris Shiflett

slowmick

38-39"
They're always good fun.
Always interesting to see who actually plays on the night as well. Last time around The Doctor had to fill in for Chris Cheney, who was filling for Chris Shiflett
I was at that show at the Corner Hotel. Was bummed it wasn't Chris Cheney.
Funniest setting I have seen them in was the No Sleep Till Festival at the Melbourne Show Grounds. The played middle of the day and had a good crowd of metal and punk fans. All singing along with Spike and his ukulele as he belted out an Australian Classic - Xanadu...