COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It feels like it’s just been setting up for Dan to play his “the buck stops with me” card again tomorrow and stonewall the enquiry by saying it doesn’t matter who made the decision, he is accountable and that’s enough of that - which is nowhere near as strong and stately as he seems to think it sounds.

poita

Likes Dirt
I feel like the elephant in the room here is the fact that someone, somewhere was going to fuck up and people would die? Like, despite all the best public health input shit tonnes of people die from booze and durries. Why is another health "thing"(that happens to be a global pandemic) any different? No one in Australia was going to tolerate a Chinese/Taiwanese/Eastern Europe style lockdown, on any measure. Fuck, look at all the people crying about returning to Australia and crying about having walked all the streets in Brighton. Stupid fucking waste of time trying to find someone to blame for something that was always going to happen to some degree. Imagine how loud the pissing and moaning will be once it all gets locked down again because people are too stupid. That or there will be mass psychological damage from no lockdown, rampant virus and heaps o death. /rant over

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
The gov. hired a security company to perform a task (from a list of federally approved companies I believe? I can't remember where I read that though so might not be correct). The security company was paid, probably handsomely. The security company then subcontracted the work out and it was completely ballsed up.

To me, this seems like a pretty clearcut issue with the subcontractor. Maybe there should have been clauses put in the contract outlining training requirements? Maybe the gov. should have used the adf as offered? Either way NSW seems to be coping fine with using private security for the same purpose so the difference seems to me that we're either unlucky or have more idiots than NSW.
the problem is this wasn’t just a normal security detail, like keeping kids out of a concert or chasing vandals in a mall - which requires no other exp. other than fitness, they were there to contain potentially infectious travellers, so the fact the govt allowed workers who most likely cone from overseas, who would have had zero infection control training in negligent, the reason the govt is negligent is they put out contract for security, they needed to specify every detail in the terms of the security contrsct
it’s the same if they let you go work on a ward in s hospital - do you know how to look after yourself regarding infection control - would you go work in a lab with air locks that has hiv/hepatitis etc on site?, at least hosp cleaners/wards men have to do basic online/face to face training so they have some understanding..it also comes down to the TOS of the job, ie if you get unwell you should isolate in the same hotel, letting the workers go home was the big mistake, that’s infection control 101

ps dale i’m not referencing/picking on you directly

the whole handling of this business is not standard operating procedure - politicians have made decisions outside advice -re curfew, i can find no scientific evidence that this works, all experts around the world agree it was pointless to stop the spread.
i was involved with major syd hosp infection control episode, we locked down 2 wings, those staff could not travel between wings, if new staff entered they were then to stay and couldn’t go back, they gutted the interiors, the bacteria came back...turns out it was living in the cleaners vacuums, at the time they were old school commercial jobs without the right filters, it was just blowing the bugs around again & again..wasn’t the cleaners fault, they had no understanding of such matters

i also did drug testing for a big mine in nsw, they wouldn’t even let a delivery driver enter to do a drop off without coming to me first for sample collection, they had to sign a doc stating no alcohol 24hrs, drugs 7 days..mining company new even if it wasn’t their worker, if the F’d up & backed over someone, ran into something the mining company was negligent & could b sued

Last edited:

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Easy...we need someone to blame because otherwise we have to accept some blame ourselves. Quite frankly, fuck that! I'm not accountable for shit.
Eh, as usual the truth is probably somewhere closer to the middle. I'm happy to accept blame for my failings regarding covid prevention, but in the case of the quarantine outbreak it should have been pretty obvious that it was one of the highest risk areas and it would need greater control. Yes, it was set up on the fly, but in those initial planning meetings that risk should have been very evident, which means that more control and oversight was required to ensure that all parts were working together, and to update the plan as gaps were identified and new information come out,
What the inquiry is showing is that no-one in positions of authority and accountability accepted that they had responsibility for this and so they all just played 'pass the buck' rather than give it the direction and risk mitigation it deserved.

There were always going to be outbreaks, "shit happens" is more than just an Abbott slogan, but risk reduction is what we pay these idiots for, and when they miss the pretty blindingly obvious there should be accountability

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that was an extremely useful inquiry into hotel quarantine.. Nobody knows anything.
Yet in today’s covidiots report we are told in detail how some bloke got fined because he slept at a mates house outside his 5km, broke the curfew and was caught riding a bike without a mask or helmet..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well that was an extremely useful inquiry into hotel quarantine.. Nobody knows anything.
Yet in today’s covidiots report we are told in detail how some bloke got fined because he slept at a mates house outside his 5km, broke the curfew and was caught riding a bike without a mask or helmet..
I hope you guys have reinstated the cat O 9 for such filth?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I hope you guys have reinstated the cat O 9 for such filth?
what, for politicians not knowing anything? like hlth minister being at a press conference about security guards in march, then stating she didn’t know about it till may, not to mention the ministerial talking points issued all ministers in april re security guards hotel quarantine

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
what, for politicians not knowing anything? like hlth minister being at a press conference about security guards in march, then stating she didn’t know about it till may, not to mention the ministerial talking points issued all ministers in april re security guards hotel quarantine
Seems like almost everyone down could use a few lashes. It is the kind of device that prompts the memory...