COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bye Bye Jenny.
I reckon Jenny coped the raw end here.. I don’t think she was sacked, it looks more like she said fuck you Dan Andrews for throwing me under the bus you cnt... As that twat health minister from NSW Brad Hazard said in support of Jenny, since when does a health minister have the power to direct policing?

moorey

call me Mia
I reckon Jenny coped the raw end here.. I don’t think she was sacked, it looks more like she said fuck you Dan Andrews for throwing me under the bus you cnt... As that twat health minister from NSW Brad Hazard said in support of Jenny, since when does a health minister have the power to direct policing?
I think she knew more than she’s saying she knew.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Wasn’t Dan routinely saying that he was ultimately responsible for his government in his daily updates? And now he hangs his health minister out to dry...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Control agency = DHHS. A health department. Health Minister apparently knows nothing about what's going on in her own department, I think it's fair that she resigned.

moorey

call me Mia
Control agency = DHHS. A health department. Health Minister apparently knows nothing about what's going on in her own department, I think it's fair that she resigned.
Agreed. And I’m actually a fan of her work. In my industry, she was a someone who seemed to generally understand and care about the people her portfolio affected.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes she should have possibly resigned over the failure in regards to shit contract tracing, but the dhhs didn’t hire the security guards.. For us plebs this whole inquiry was about who hired night club bouncers for bio security and why you would make such a fucktard decision, yeah?.. Just taking a stab, the dhhs doesn’t hire security, they ask another dept for security and that dept assign it.. Like everywhere else in the real world.. (not having a crack at you wkkie, just the political system)

moorey

call me Mia
Wasn’t Dan routinely saying that he was ultimately responsible for his government in his daily updates? And now he hangs his health minister out to dry...
Maybe, but imho, you appoint people to take care of business. You don’t need to, and shouldn’t be made aware of or involved in every decision. JM was generally really good in her role as far as I’m aware. In this situation, she either fucked up or was wrongly informed/uninformed. Either way, I think she had to go.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe, but imho, you appoint people to take care of business. You don’t need to, and shouldn’t be made aware of or involved in every decision. JM was generally really good in her role as far as I’m aware. In this situation, she either fucked up or was wrongly informed/uninformed. Either way, I think she had to go.
Mmmm, the whole inquiry is about who hired dodgy security that were subbed from gumtree wasn’t it? What does that have to do with the heath minister? Not their role.. Martin Pakula should get the arse for that fuck up. If the inquiry was about how shit the containment of the virus and contract tracing was, then yeah off you go Jenny.. And she can stick the finger up at the former health minister from years back who created the dog’s breakfast of a dhhs..

moorey

call me Mia
They should probably have both known...and seemingly did. Not sure why you think he is more responsible than her.
Full confession....I’m really not following it. I’m over it. Nothing now will change anything for the better.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Sort of agree, I wasn’t commenting on whether she had to go or not, more that an enquiry where everyone shrugs their shoulders suggests the government is more interested in saving face than being accountable. The world turned to custard pretty quick and sadly mistakes were made, but not owing your fuckups is just shitty leadership.

What’s your take on the inquiry as a Victorian - outcome as expected?