COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
One has to be a little sceptical of the reported Covid death rates in the US when you consider that under the CARES Act which was unanimously passed through the Senate. Hospitals can receive ALOT of federal money.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

"Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate.

Why?

Because if it's a straightforward pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for and if the patient is on Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment to the hospital would be $5,000.

BUT if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and

IF that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

Do the maths... It's mind boggling amounts of money.
There is a test and it determines whether it was covid. I suppose like the election the people spouting this crap probably believe tests are being faked. Without evidence.

Doing the math would involve showing evidence, such as how many less people are dying from non covid pneumonia compared to normal rates.

moorey

call me Mia
One has to be a little sceptical of the reported Covid death rates in the US when you consider that under the CARES Act which was unanimously passed through the Senate. Hospitals can receive ALOT of federal money.

Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

"Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate.

Why?

Because if it's a straightforward pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for and if the patient is on Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment to the hospital would be $5,000.

BUT if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and

IF that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

Do the maths... It's mind boggling amounts of money.
98% bullshit and information out of context. As usual.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
There is a test and it determines whether it was covid. I suppose like the election the people spouting this crap probably believe tests are being faked. Without evidence.
the problem is in some most countries if you have hiv/cancer/copd & upon hospital admission they test you for covid, if positive it gets reported as covid death, did that kill you, it only tipped you over the edge, i even read in sweden if you get hit by a bus, every post morgen involves a covid test, if positive is reported as covid death, yet the bus did the damage. UK bucks this trend as some outside hosp deaths are not reported as covid deaths

Jpez

Down on the left!
the problem is in some most countries if you have hiv/cancer/copd & upon hospital admission they test you for covid, if positive it gets reported as covid death, did that kill you, it only tipped you over the edge, i even read in sweden if you get hit by a bus, every post morgen involves a covid test, if positive is reported as covid death, yet the bus did the damage. UK bucks this trend as some outside hosp deaths are not reported as covid deaths
At the end of the day who gives a shit how it’s counted. The fact of the matter is there is a massive amount of people in countries like the USA dying of Covid and the number is increasing. If a percentage of those deaths aren’t directly attributed to Covid it’s almost irrelevant.
Covid is killing people on mass in countries that are too stubborn, stupid, tin foil hat wearing, stupid and stupid to put restrictions in place in the name of of freedom or stupid.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
At the end of the day who gives a shit how it’s counted. The fact of the matter is there is a massive amount of people in countries like the USA dying of Covid and the number is increasing. If a percentage of those deaths aren’t directly attributed to Covid it’s almost irrelevant.
Covid is killing people on mass in countries that are too stubborn, stupid, tin foil hat wearing, stupid and stupid to put restrictions in place in the name of of freedom or stupid.
Yes, I think both @Daniel Hale and @FoxRidersCo are talking about statistically insignificant things even if they are actually occurring.

moorey

call me Mia
How is there not civil unrest & economic catastrophe going down in the U.S. now?

Just goes to show humanity’s disconnect from themselves.
Because freedumb of course! I’m not letting big government save my life, that’s a violation of my rights.