COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Like your fellow neighbours are going to stay local........haha
The locals of the lower northern beaches are far too posh for those new age hippie hoi polloi up at Avalon.

We're the insular part of the insular peninsula.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I would almost pay good money, well, if I had it spare, to send 5 taxis down to Moorey's driveway on Xmas day.

Just to get an 'Oh No, they weren't really going to visit, now were they......what's this....eh...' out of him while he is running around with his Reindeer boxer shorts and Santa's cap on,
Careful, he will serve you Vegemite on mangos for lunch.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm in Byron til 10 Jan... Hoping they can get on top of this shit before it gets out of the city, would really hate to have to do a hotel quarantine just to get back home.

We stopped in Sydney on Saturday night on our way up here (not Northern Beaches) and went to a pub for a post-drive drink... We were blown away by how little evidence there was of the fact we're living in the midst of a pandemic - pub full, everyone standing at the bar shouting over each other to order drinks, no masks etc.. Not surprising that 1 case has turned to 28 very quickly.
We are a bunch of complacent clowns, self included. Working in 2 venues that cover a wide demographic it is a constant struggle to get people to comply with the contact tracing sign in/out requirements. People can be outright hostile about it and other staff who are less confrontational than myself don't want to hassle customers about it either. Personally I like making a bit of a thing out of it with arseholes who won't just do the right thing "look mate, you can either sign in correctly or attend a different cafe. The choice is yours". And again the biggest pain in the arse are old people.

But in a neat 10km radius around me. Stay the hell out of my suburb!
I knew you northern beaches types were a wierd exclusive bunch, but dont you think this is a bit much?

I guess I'll not be heading to any of those delicious Sydney ride spots in a hurry!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I guess I'll not be heading to any of those delicious Sydney ride spots in a hurry!
I was technically in the Northern beaches right on the fringe on Friday 11th when I spent 40min at the new bike park. I stayed away from people and did touch the bike pump onsite. Sanitized when I left, Yet I’m still nervous about it all.

On the flip side the park got trashed by a few muppets riding it when wet. Even with the gates locked and signage up they have had issues with illegal entry. Now with a lockdown the trail might have a hope of drying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I was technically in the Northern beaches right on the fringe on Friday 11th when I spent 40min at the new bike park. I stayed away from people and did touch the bike pump onsite. Sanitized when I left, Yet I’m still nervous about it all.
We left Friday morning from my aunt's place in Frenchs Forest and stopped at Ryde for brekky. Had been to Forestway to meet the guys for a ride on the 8th and Manly on the 9th and nowhere else north side except aunt's place while up there so not concerned but it was pretty close, glad we didn't hang about on Friday :oops: NSW Health site is down right now, server too busy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Doubt it. People are selfish and stupid cunts with that sort of thing. My local trails (shit as they are) got absolutely reamed at the stat of the year. People were dumping their unwanted kids there by the thousands. What hope do these trails have in Sydney with school holidays hitting? Not much. At least they are a bit difficult to access without a car.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Spoke to the next door neighbours who Mr10 is supposed to be doing a few chores (watering garden, sweeping leaves etc) for while they are away in Adelaide for the Xmas break, they dropped in a key and said they have changed their flight from tomorrow to this afternoon...6.5k for a family of 4 via Brisbane...ommpphhh :eek:

Edit: and just got a txt saying that they're on their way home, not even out of the car, flight cancelled.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The same happened all over this state, people travelling within the state beelining home. Friends of mine bikepacking, scrambling to ride back to their start position.

Shit happens on an hourly basis, its just gets locked down one step after another leaving people panicking about their whereabouts.

I seen someone who paid mega bucks for a 1 way flight here today, for their parents from Sydney :oops:

Just on the news behind me, Sydney - Hobart cancelled due to Tassie locking out Sydney.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Canberra has locked out greater Sydney residents now.

I only want to get to Stromlo a few times during the break, I promise I won't go anywhere else...

No chance of going to Narra, Manly or Bare Creek...Rimba could be a good fallback.

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
And again the biggest pain in the arse are old people.
I get that disgruntled miserable boomers like flexing their flaccid impotent power over hospitality staff, I've been on the receiving end of it enough times back in the day. But ffs these cunts a) lived through polio and 2) are at the vanguard of becoming seriously sick or dying as a result of this fucking thing. Do they actually want to die? Is that it? Genuinely interested.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I get that disgruntled miserable boomers like flexing their flaccid impotent power over hospitality staff, I've been on the receiving end of it enough times back in the day. But ffs these cunts a) lived through polio and 2) are at the vanguard of becoming seriously sick or dying as a result of this fucking thing. Do they actually want to die? Is that it? Genuinely interested.
I think they just want more things to complain about.