COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
WTF Sydney? You’re making my wife and kids cry. Haven’t seen parents/grandparents for 12 month, cancelled bookings for Victorian camping holiday to go see them after Christmas, and now we’re hearing of another potential border closure?
All jokes aside though, at least I’m dodging a bullet.
Every prediction was that there’d be a 3rd wave once we let our guard down. It seems business as normal here in Vic, fingers crossed for the Northern Beaches cases getting under control ASAP.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
WTF Sydney? You’re making my wife and kids cry. Haven’t seen parents/grandparents for 12 month, cancelled bookings for Victorian camping holiday to go see them after Christmas, and now we’re hearing of another potential border closure?
I'm in Byron til 10 Jan... Hoping they can get on top of this shit before it gets out of the city, would really hate to have to do a hotel quarantine just to get back home.

We stopped in Sydney on Saturday night on our way up here (not Northern Beaches) and went to a pub for a post-drive drink... We were blown away by how little evidence there was of the fact we're living in the midst of a pandemic - pub full, everyone standing at the bar shouting over each other to order drinks, no masks etc.. Not surprising that 1 case has turned to 28 very quickly.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not surprising that 1 case has turned to 28 very quickly.
It's actually a good thing. It shows that the contact tracing is effective and people are taking it seriously.

I went past a community testing site in Brookvale this morning and there were queues of people to get tested. Everyone is wearing masks, and our daycare was waiting to hear whether the local health service was going to shut them down early.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I see you @ozzybmx with your smug "I said no-one should plan to visit family at Christmas" face. Well WE DID, OKAY? AND IF IT GOES TO SHIT WE'LL BLAME GLADYS.
It's actually a good thing. It shows that the contact tracing is effective and people are taking it seriously.
Agreed, I more just meant the general lack of mitigation by individuals who obviously got very used to having no or very low case numbers was a bit of a shock to someone who spent 100 days in lockdown. You can't go anywhere without scanning a QR though, so as you say the tracing should be pretty quick and effective.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep, one consolation is the NSW contract tracing seems to be exceptional. In July they turned around 20+ cases a day into a "watch and act" scenario pretty quickly.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I see you @ozzybmx with your smug "I said no-one should plan to visit family at Christmas" face. Well WE DID, OKAY? AND IF IT GOES TO SHIT WE'LL BLAME GLADYS.
Not really a gloating moment ;)

There will be a lot of people very disappointed, not expecting the missus dads annual x-mas visit from Broken Hill now.

These 'clusters' are going to happen whilst the world is full of it and we are bringing in people from infected countries.

I have not read much into it but hope they set up plenty of testing stations and everyone goes and gets tested.

Fingers crossed they get this stamped out quickly.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
All jokes aside though, at least I’m dodging a bullet.
Every prediction was that there’d be a 3rd wave once we let our guard down. It seems business as normal here in Vic, fingers crossed for the Northern Beaches cases getting under control ASAP.
Quick, everyone to Buninyong pronto. Keep the long hose and extension cord ready for the Winnebago.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This morning you thought no one liked you, now you're hosting the inaugural RB Christmas get-together! #mooreysxmasmates
I would almost pay good money, well, if I had it spare, to send 5 taxis down to Moorey's driveway on Xmas day.

Just to get an 'Oh No, they weren't really going to visit, now were they......what's this....eh...' out of him while he is running around with his Reindeer boxer shorts and Santa's cap on,

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I would almost pay good money, well, if I had it spare, to send 5 taxis down to Moorey's driveway on Xmas day.

Just to get an 'Oh No, they weren't really going to visit, now were they......what's this....eh...' out of him while he is running around with his Reindeer boxer shorts and Santa's cap on,
Just need some cheap bike racks and some Gumtree bikes for full effect... :p

Damn COVID has made this an unaffordable proposition now though!

(That and moorey would just take the bikes and disassemble them into his spare parts stashes...)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just need some cheap bike racks and some Gumtree bikes for full effect... :p

Damn COVID has made this an unaffordable proposition now though!

(That and moorey would just take the bikes and disassemble them into his spare parts stashes...)
A rack full of Big box bikes would do it.

I'm sure the guest rooms would be ready to go pronto. You are all going to be in for pain if you need spares for wheels that aren't 26".

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Now the COVID+ peeps of the Northern Beaches have made it known where they have been recently!

List of case locations in NSW
People who have attended the following venues are considered close contacts and should get tested and isolate for 14 days after they were last there, even if they receive a negative result:
  • Avalon Beach: Avalon Beach RSL club, Friday 11 December at any time
  • Avalon Beach: Avalon Bowlo (bowling club), Sunday 13 December, 5pm to 7pm and Tuesday 15 December, 3pm to 5pm
  • Avalon Beach: Bangkok Sidewalk Restaurant, Monday 14 December,
    7pm to 8pm
  • Avalon Beach: Barramee Thai Massage and Spa, Monday 14 December,
    2pm to 3.30pm
  • Avalon Beach: Sneaky Grind Café, Monday 14 December, 9.30am to 11am
  • Cronulla: Pilgrims Vegetarian Café, Wednesday 16 December 11.30am to 2.30pm. Anyone who was at the café during this time for one hour or more must be tested immediately and isolate until 30 December. Other patrons should monitor for symptoms, and get tested immediately if they appear.
  • Cronulla: Cronulla RSL Club, Wednesday 16 December, 5pm to closing time. Anyone who was at the RSL at this time must get tested and isolate until further notice. Close contacts will need to isolate until 30 December.
  • Kirribilli: Kirribilli Club, Monday 14 December, 12pm to 3pm
  • Lane Cove: Hair by Erika, Village Shopping Centre, 11 December, 3.30 to 5pm
  • Newport: Rusti Fig Café, Saturday 12 December, 9am to 10am
  • Palm Beach: Palm Beach female change rooms, Sunday 13 December,
    9am to 9.15am
  • Palm Beach: Coast Palm Beach Café, Sunday 13 December, 10am to 11am
  • Penrith: Penrith RSL Club, Sunday 13 December, 1pm to 6pm
  • Turramurra: Salon of Hair Turramurra, Tuesday 15 December, 10am to 3pm, and Wednesday 16 December, 9.30am to 3.30pm
  • Woolloomoolo: Sienna Marina, Friday 11 December, 12pm to 2pm. Anyone who spent one hour or longer at the restaurant at this time must get tested and isolate until December 25. Other patrons should monitor for symptoms, and isolate and get tested immediately if symptoms appear.
People who have visited the following venues are considered casual contacts and should get tested immediately and self-isolate until they receive a negative result:
  • Artarmon: Roof Racks World, 15 December, 2pm to 2.30pm
  • Avalon: Nourished Wholefood Café, 12 December, 7.30-7.40am
  • Avalon: Careel Bay Dog Park and Hitchcock Park, 16 December 7am-7.30am
  • Avalon: Hungry Ghost Café, 13 and 15 December, 9.30am to 11am
  • Avalon Beach: Surf Life Saving Club, 13, 14 and 15 December, 9-9.30am
  • Avalon Beach: Commonwealth Bank, 47 Avalon Parade, 15 December, 12 to 12.15pm
  • Avalon Beach: Woolworths, Sunday 13 December, 12pm to 5pm; 14 December 5pm to 5.30pm and Tuesday 15 December, 12pm to 12.30pm
  • Avalon Beach: North Avalon Cellars, 15 December, 6pm to 6.05pm
  • Avalon Beach: Oliver’s Pie, Careel Shopping Village, Monday 14 December,
    9am to 9.15am
  • Avalon Beach: Avalon Beach Post Shop, 16 December 3.30pm to 3.50pm
  • Avalon Beach, Mitre 10, 15 December, 12pm to 12.20pm
  • Avalon Beach: Chemist Warehouse, 14 December 5.20pm to 5.25pm
  • Avalon Beach: Sabiang Thai Restaurant, 13 December, 6-8pm
  • Bondi Junction: Westfield Bondi Junction, 15 December, 1-2.30pm
  • Cronulla: Paris Seafood Café, 15 December, 8.30-9pm
  • Cronulla: Cronulla Mall, 15 December, 8-9pm and 16 December, 11am-12pm
  • Darling Point: RAN Sailing Association, Navy Bear Café and Christmas party, 13 December, 10am‑4pm
  • Dee Why: Dee Why Fruit Market, 15 December, 4.45pm to 4.55pm
  • Dee Why: HongFa BBQ Restaurant, 15 December 4.30pm to 4.45pm
  • Eveleigh: Seven West Media Building, 14 December, 8-11.30am
  • Mona Vale: Bing Lee, Monday 14 December, 4.30pm to 4.45pm
  • Mona Vale: Aldi, 13 Bungan St, 13 December, 12.45pm to 1.30pm
  • Mona Vale: Harris Farm, Mona Vale Plaza, 14 December, 11-11.10am
  • Mona Vale: Woolworths, 25/29 Park St, Sunday 13 December, 12pm to 12.30pm
  • Newport: Coles Newport, 11 December, 5-7pm, and 12 December, 3.15-3.30pm
  • Newport: Restaurant Lovat, 12 December, 2.15-2.25pm and 4.10-4.15pm
  • North Narrabeen: Brot and Wurst, 16 December, 2pm to 2.05pm
  • Palm Beach: Palm Beach rockpool, 14 December, 9:30-10:30am; 16 December, 8am to 9am
  • Peakhurst: Gannons Park, Forest Rangers FC, Little Rangers session, Friday 11 December, 4.30pm to 5.30pm. Any adults who were present should get tested immediately and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
  • Riverstone: Blend @ Grantham Café, 16 December, 11-11.45am
  • Roseberry: Mentmore & Morley Café and public toilets, 14 December 10am-3pm
  • Terrey Hills: Hills Florist, 12 December, 8-8.45am – close contacts have been contacted directly by NSW Health
  • Terrey Hills: Forest Way Fruit Market, 16 December, 4-4.10pm
Confirmed cases travelled on the following transport services. Other passengers are considered to be casual contacts, and should get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
  • Train from Roseville to Redfern, 14 December, 6.50am to 7.40am
  • Train from Redfern to Milsons Point, 14 December, 11.20am to 11.45am
  • Train from Milsons Point to Roseville, 14 December, 3.15pm to 3.40pm
  • Ferry from Palm Beach to Wagstaffe, 16 December, 6.15pm-6.35pm
Forest Coach Lines buses between Forestville and the CBD
  • Route 273, 15 December, Departing Jamieson Square, Forestville, 7.10am and arriving QVB, 8am
  • Route 271, 15 December, Departing QVB 5.25pm and arriving Austlink Business Park Belrose 6.28pm
  • Route 273, 16 December, Departing Jamieson Square, Forestville 7.10am and arriving QVB, CBD, 8am
  • Route 271, 16 December, Departing QVB 5.25pm and arriving Austlink Business Park Belrose, 6.28pm
Everyone living in the northern beaches area should monitor for even the mildest of symptoms and come forward for testing immediately if they appear, then isolate until a negative result is received.
NSW Health has increased Covid testing options for the northern beaches community through three new pop-up testing clinics. They are available at:
Avalon pop-up, Avalon Recreation Centre, 59 Old Barrenjoey Rd, Avalon. Open seven days, 8am to 10pm
Avalon pop-up: Avalon Laverty drive-through pathology, Avalon Bowling Club Car Park, Avalon Parade,Avalon Beach NSW 2107. Open seven days, 8am to 4pm.
Newport pop-up, Newport Community Centre, 11-13 The Boulevard, Newport. Open seven days, 8am to 10pm.
Warringah Aquatic Centre Drive-through, 1 Aquatic Dr, Frenchs Forest. Open seven days a week, 8am to 10pm
Other Northern Beaches testing centres:

Mona Vale Hospital, Gate 3 Coronation Street, Mona Vale. Open seven days 7.30am to 5.30pm.
Brookvale Community Health Centre, 612-624 Pittwater Road, Brookvale. Open seven days, 8am to 6pm.
Northern Beaches Hospital, 105 Frenchs Forest Road (West), Frenchs Forest, (rear of emergency department). Open seven days, 8am to 5pm.
Not trivial!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Now the COVID+ peeps of the Northern Beaches have made it known where they have been recently!
I'm more surprised that the insular peninsular folks actually went to Penrith and Riverstone by their own accord.
I guess it is Nothing Too Serious so will let it go.