Crash Pics Thread

Zubanoid

Likes Bikes
No as bad as most of the crashes on this thread...

Was on a fire trail - steep with water jumps. Too fast, kick off my saddle a bit but smacked into the next one, broke the saddle with my ribs (no ribs broken!!) landed on the rear tyre and nutted myself and then slid to a stop on the gravel....

image.jpg

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
First run down the new Juggernaught run at Hollybank MTB park. Hurt my shoulder from a earlier stack and when I went over a small table top it tweaked my shoulder and caused me to drift off into the rocky bank on the side of the track. Glad I had my knee pad on as it got the whole side of my body.
Ouch.jpg

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I've had a few offs over the past couple of years but none as seemingly minor but now niggling me daily as the crash I had on the weekend.
Was having a go at a fun xc race and went in too hot on a greasy corner. Got high sided and left knee cap impacted directly into a rock.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418962228.208282.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418962300.603535.jpg

Completed that race then another event that arvo.

But the swelling is still hanging in there and been hobbling around ever since.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I've had a few offs over the past couple of years but none as seemingly minor but now niggling me daily as the crash I had on the weekend.
Was having a go at a fun xc race and went in too hot on a greasy corner. Got high sided and left knee cap impacted directly into a rock.

View attachment 304429

View attachment 304430

Completed that race then another event that arvo.

But the swelling is still hanging in there and been hobbling around ever since.
What? You don't shave your legs? What kind of mtb'er are you? Loser

Jesmol

Cannon Fodder
Looks like I got out this easy, nothing but a few scrapes.

Choked on a drop down step, hard on the brakes and over the bars we go
How Not to do a drop off(1) (1280x720).jpg

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Went riding out at del rio, gnarly after all this rain, rocks sticking out everywhere, not a single crash all weekend. Stoppie's on concrete after the pub sat night though... Let go of the bike to bail, toes caught the bars and pulled me onto the ground.

tomli123001

Likes Dirt
DSCF2319-Optimized.JPG
DSCF2320-Optimized.JPG

The chain ring scar is still on my legs 5 years after that.
So the lesson learnt is to put a bashring on instead of the sharp edges which I hardly used in Manly dam trails before.