Crash Pics Thread

Flint

Likes Dirt
Well its been exactly 1 year since I had all that sweet medical grade titanium inserted into my leg. The leg is still shit but getting better slowly, I have been riding for about 2 months now. Slowly getting fitter but lack the confidence to ride like I used to. I guess that's just a part of getting older.. I still have a year before the leg will be back to "normal" or as close as it's ever going to get.

My crash was a lot like the one above except I was going a bit faster and tilted a bit more in the air so washed out on landing and came down on my knee.

Cheers

Attachments

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...placeholder....

stay tuned, knuckles and I are heading out tomorrow - stay clear of the trailz kids :wacko:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Given that there's been no further update, I'm guessing that Eastie and Knuckles both landed heavily on the Front Bar and the gopro landed in a bucket of whiskey...no photos taken.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Given that there's been no further update, I'm guessing that Eastie and Knuckles both landed heavily on the Front Bar and the gopro landed in a bucket of whiskey...no photos taken.
Still ambulatory. 1 OTB, after rolling a front tyre off the bead in a rutted decent.

Nothing worth wasting film on.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Pics later, so I didn't ride at the clubby today but I got towed by a moto and slid out. 3 out of 3 times I've been here I've fucked myself up.

Counting myself lucky it was cool enough to wear my leather jacket I got back a few days ago and couldn't be bothered to bring inside from the car.

Last edited:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Well its been exactly 1 year since I had all that sweet medical grade titanium inserted into my leg. The leg is still shit but getting better slowly, I have been riding for about 2 months now. Slowly getting fitter but lack the confidence to ride like I used to. I guess that's just a part of getting older.. I still have a year before the leg will be back to "normal" or as close as it's ever going to get.

My crash was a lot like the one above except I was going a bit faster and tilted a bit more in the air so washed out on landing and came down on my knee.

Cheers
Ah dude, that's hectic. All the best for the remainder of your recovery. I can relate to the confidence hit, I had a similar operation and took a long time to get back on the bike, when I finally did I was so timid. Confidence is back (mostly) and can ride without really thinking too much about the injury, keep at it :)

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Fuck me. Just got home from hospital, fell over in the house. Left wrist was a bit sore from the crash and then slipped and fell backwards, landed on my hand and threw up from the pain. Good chance I've rebroken my right scaphoid and freshly broken my left one. Sitting here in two casts again after 2 days of having a cast off.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Fuck me. Just got home from hospital, fell over in the house. Left wrist was a bit sore from the crash and then slipped and fell backwards, landed on my hand and threw up from the pain. Good chance I've rebroken my right scaphoid and freshly broken my left one. Sitting here in two casts again after 2 days of having a cast off.
Wtf man... worst run of luck.

stirk

Burner
How's the healing now? Those skinny legs of yours must be toothpicks by now!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
How's the healing now? Those skinny legs of yours must be toothpicks by now!
Cut my casts off, wasn't doing it again. Left wrist came out fine, right not so great but I think it's probably just really hurt because of the break and being in a cast. Can't quite move it yet but it bloody hurts if I hit it.

DJR

Likes Dirt
OK this is from a while ago.

Story...

I started riding BMX at the start of this year, seemed like good cross training as an MTBer and the club seemed quite friendly so I got into it... anyway in June i was at Friday night gate practice, had just put SPD pedals on the BMX for the first time and was enjoying the extra speed and different feeling when I got a bit sideways over a jump ( I reckon I cased into a frontside a bit and then pretty much got knocked off line). Landed badly on my left hip and found it pretty hard to get up.

After about 5-10 mins of sitting there and trying to get up a couple of times, ended up getting driven to hospital. After a couple of hours wait finally got X-rayed, and turns out I had busted my ischium (lower part of the pelvis/sitbone) in 2 spots. No surgery though, just rest.

Got discharged after less than a day, sent home with a walking frame, in bed for two weeks and eventually able to walk again after a few weeks. Now riding again, took until mid-august/early september to feel fully back to normal again.

The white line running from top to bottom of the bone is the fracture...

1_2.jpg

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444828542.535565.jpg

Not a scaphoid thank fuck! Just a small fracture of my distal radius. Hopefully I'll be back on the bike in 4-6 weeks.

It was a bit of a nothing crash, but landed awkwardly on a rock. Pretty glad I opted for the precautionary X-ray a day and half later though!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Noooooo! Your wank hand!
sometimes life is just not fair.

Also a little nugget of advice for people that have never had an arm/ hand/ wrist injury (like me previously). try to make sure your wank hand is different to your arse wiping hand. Because at least then you'll be able to one of them without difficulty :help:

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Never wipe from the front with a cast on. The fibreglass rubs and leaves you more raw than the first time you discovered rubbing.

Bummer about the wrist but 4-6 weeks will fly past. In a weird way I think all that time off the bike actually helped my riding. Focusing a lot more now and actually concentrating on riding not just muscle memory.