cyclocross

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
The good folk at Illawarra Cycling Club have announced the next race down at Unanderra Velodrome. Aug 22, you need a CA license or can do it under MTBA or a day license, more details to come.

Get pysched !!
Interesting that you can do it with either a MTBA or CA license. I wish Dirty Deeds was run like that.

tjb

Likes Dirt
A bit over a week to go to ICC cross Aug 22nd Unanderra velodrome.

Our man down there is praying for cold weather andhoping the wet soggy conditions keep up.

Get excited!

Attachments

brendan rocks

Likes Bikes
blakey does the triple....

8 days.

3 states.

3 cx races.

65 cups of coffee.

476 stacks.

indeterminable glory.

people, i give you andrew "el diablo" blake. coming to your state soon...

toby

Likes Dirt
Lots of interest in cross... good to see!!

I have a BMC CX01 frame for sale, 3 months old... one of the only of this model brought into the country. Fantastic crosser. Frame only... 56TT PM me to talk!

damian_eley

Likes Bikes
Al

There is a new 11 speed Alfine hub about now that from what I understand gives you more gears, easier maintenance, a nicer shifter and its meant to be lighter - though I think its still pretty tubby a costs a bit more.

I think my brother is just about to pull the trigger on one for his new Pace 104. I was thinking along the same lines for my commuter for the yarra trails but sadly my current job means it an all road commute.

toby

Likes Dirt
I'm just finishing building up a Alfline 11speed on a Pompetamine for my girlfriend... massive gear range and really well put together piece of kit.

Picks of this bike will be in the next RIDE; out in October.

Timbers

Likes Dirt
the Alfine 8 spd is a great commuter setup especially for all weather applications but I think the weight would limit it from a purely perfomance perspective for CX racing. I am getting an 11spd hub for my touring bike I am taking os so I have an 8spd hub and shifter for sale in the Drivetrain section. Only ridden twice on road, $240, pm me.

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
the Alfine 8 spd is a great commuter setup especially for all weather applications but I think the weight would limit it from a purely perfomance perspective for CX racing. I am getting an 11spd hub for my touring bike I am taking os so I have an 8spd hub and shifter for sale in the Drivetrain section. Only ridden twice on road, $240, pm me.
This has got me thinking about my Monstercross project again.

Mmmm bike wheels, drop bars and off road compatible. What more could I want.