cyclocross

Smiker

Likes Dirt
So you're alluding to an Alchemist, Biscuit, Tjb and Smiker smackdown? It'd be tough to hold your wheel.... but a good pre race tune up, if I ever get a fling entry anyway!

toby

Likes Dirt
Oh dang... I was hoping Alchemist was going to post about the new national CX series that is starting next year. Big name sponsor and all.

Guess we will have to keep waiting for details.

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
You heard those rumours too, I heard they've got more sponsors on board than Pegasus Sports ;)
I need to have a few beers with the Southside Cross Mafia to sort out some details. I'm thinking a 6 race The RIDE Sydney Superprestige Series (3 tracks, visiting each track twice)

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Oh dang... I was hoping Alchemist was going to post about the new national CX series that is starting next year. Big name sponsor and all.

I was speaking to a Melbourne-based PP who was very keen on running a full series in 2011

Watch this space

Roland

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
I was just thinking who the hell posts up about cross in the off season!

Looking forward to the Melbourne Cross season next year. I will have two cross bike in the stable, so will be able to ride one while my awesome mechanical crew fix up the other one. Will be cross heaven. In reality I will just swap over the wheelset before the race so I dont have to deal with the Commuter/CX tyre changeover.

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
New Steed...

Ellsworth Roots goodness...

Thanks to the lads at City Bike Depot for getting the Wombat ready for the crissy break!

cross2.jpgcross5.jpgcross4.jpgcross3.jpgcross1.jpg

Smiker

Likes Dirt
It's got slicks (and they're clinchers!). As such, your Ellsworth is nothing more than a hybrid - at worst, a super commuter.

Smiker

nikcee

Squid
Ellsworth Roots goodness...

Thanks to the lads at City Bike Depot for getting the Wombat ready for the crissy break!

View attachment 190468View attachment 190467View attachment 190466View attachment 190465View attachment 190469
Do like.

Photos of my in-construction team edition 2009 Major Jake to come (when a few more parts arrive.)

As an update, discussions are progressing about venues for Dirty Deeds 2011.

I have also heard rumblings of a series in CBR over the winter as well.

Down here in Melbourne we are still getting out and giving the CX bikes a go in the 'off-season' and with all the recent rain there's some very mid-winter-esque mud sections about (as well as a few fallen trees for barrier practice ;) )

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
It's got slicks (and they're clinchers!). As such, your Ellsworth is nothing more than a hybrid - at worst, a super commuter.

Smiker
Hey, they're file tread... Ok... Sorta slicks... But did ok hey rob :)

As for the lack of tubs... Well I failed gluing at school so until I repeat that...

Although 340s are as close as you get

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
Very nice ... are they Paul brakes ? And how do you find the Alpha 340s ?
Yup, Pauls and 340s. Got a set of juicy ultimates on order -the pauls are ok but the juices are lighter...

Lovin the 340s - king hubs and a 32 spoke build with aerolites = sub 1400g wheel set! Seemed to hold air ok even with a std vittoria cross tyre (bead isn't tolerant of high pressures though as the floor and roof of my carport can attest!)