cyclocross

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
aye, although I'd better do something about my jockey wheels which didn't seem to like all the salt and sand from the beach part of the Mountains to Beach

tjb

Likes Dirt
Current issue of Mountain Bike Australia has a good cyclocross article by a fellow rotorburner.

hoopsScottrc

Cannon Fodder
CX it's a happening sport

I did the last (Race 3) in cyclocross and it is fantastic, i hope other clubs can organise races like this on. The Illawarra Club put on a great 3 race series. there is nothing like spending the afternoon watching Cyclocross and having a few beers. Great day for all the cycling nuts. And i am looking to get a CX bike..

sidathensgold

Likes Dirt
Any tips for LBS in Melb that stocks good range cyclo tyres?
St Kilda Cycles near acland st had cyclocross tyres, folding bead for ~$20 on the weekend. Just lying on the floor, looked like oem stock they had lying round. They were maxxis and looked like a larsen tread. Picked up a couple, what a bargain....

thelankyman

Likes Dirt
Torpedo 7 has a some at a reasonable price. I got the excavaders while they were on sale. Just remeber UCI rules, nothign larger than 35mm. I am not sure but Abottsfprd Cycles probably has some CX tyres in stock. They usually have some weirder stuff hanging around.
http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/RTTYRN0FW/title/ritchey-cyclo-cross-commuter-tyre

What kinda tyres pressure is standard for CX racing. I have been told to push down with two finger on the tyres. if it hits the rim you need just a little bit more pressure which I reckon would put you somewhere around 35psi. I am currently running 45psi (which is lower than my usual 70+psi) for my commute to get use to the sloppiness for the upcoming CX race. What pressures are other people using?

toby

Likes Dirt
I heard a rumour UCI is changing tire width rules... to 33 max. God knows why but it would be typical of them.

Nothing on the UCI site or press release so far; but I have heard it a few places including from Dugast themselves.