delete plz xoxox

A5P13

Likes Bikes
I thought its looking pretty good, with the exception of rubbish.

Yes there is a bin down there but if you bring food and drinks with you take your rubbish home with you. There is no point overfilling the bin. Stop being lazy!
(This is just a general statement not aimed at you alex)

What do you propose needs digging? There is a few things that need fixing up but with the hot weather and the rain predicted seems worth waiting until cooler more stable weather.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
The person who put the bin there, or who ever locked it to the tree, should empty the bin.

It all just looks unfinished down there. The lips on the jumps. That middle line with that retarded jump at the end. Who the hell built that?

A5P13

Likes Bikes
We had some people come in and destroy a lot of the jumps.
Combined with the mass amounts of rain has caused some damage.

And as for person who put the bin down there its not their job.
We are not your mum and not here to clean up after you.
Its simple, take your rubbish home with you.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
I heard the guys that did some recent digging actually started to make things better down there but the locals had a cry about other people being down there getting all territorial.

And with regards to the bin. If other people cant put rubbish in it, why is it there? And if people don't like it overflowing, the person responsible for it should empty it before the rangers, walkers and horse riders complain. If the person who put it there isn't going to empty it, either un lock it so someone can, or get rid of it.

woody 14

Eats Squid
the person who put the bin there dosnt ride anymore and we dont know where the key was hidden. the most of us locals like the jumps how they are because they arnt perfict and are good training for racing and we have kinda given up digging because of the little girls from the pony club that have no respect and just come and distroy anything new they see down there.

also with all the crazy weather that has downed some huge branches and this has interfiered with a few of the lines. as has already been mentioned the rain has done a pretty big amount of the damage and that is hard to fix the problem completly.

we arnt getting terrortial we encourage other people to spend the hard hours on the shovel and gain the respect for otheres work. we just get pissed off with people that come down and change things that dont need to be chanced and or do a shit job of it and dont think of all the other lines around.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
Fair call with the bin woody. We obviously need a feww people to start taking bags down to start taking rubbish out then.

So ho would you feel about other people digging another line with some jumps for height to cater for bmxers and dirt jumpers?

woody 14

Eats Squid
personally i dont think its needed. there is already too many lines down the and addingf more will just piss the rangers off even more. the place is already on borrowed time. if BMX'ers/dirt jumpers want dirt jumps go ride H.E or croydon hills. the place is mainly a downhill area and most of the riders that ride here are downhillers. we do encourage bmx'ers and hard tail riders to come but we want the place to remain downhill oriantated.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
Spose thats what u get when u start a track out in the public. U have to accept that its not ur land and if other people want to start digging they have just as much right as u do.

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spose thats what u get when u start a track out in the public. U have to accept that its not ur land and if other people want to start digging they have just as much right as u do.
Don't be a wanker, woody has put more time into the place than anyone, respect the people who build the trails in the first place, don't go cutting in new lines just because you want to. I've got an idea, find your own place to ride, and don't disrespect the people who have put in all the hard yards.

woody 14

Eats Squid
Mate we know this. We have all been riding there for atlease the last 4 years. At the moment we are just trying to stay on the good side of the rangers and keep the place there for as long as possable. Its not a dirt jump park its a downhill area. if u want dirt jumps go ride H.E , Croydon hills or what ever. not distroy other peoples hard work by building stupid and un needed tracks.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a place to get a couple of arvo runs in after work. I work in Oakleigh, so Dandenong seems like a good option.

I know you guys are pretty protective of the local trails you've put so much work into, but if no-one minds, I'd love to know some details of how to get there, start/finish points of the trail(s), shuttle access and shuttle times etc.

So if any of the locals feel like passing on some info, shoot me a PM so it's off the public agenda. Or email me at garth@wynterplace.com

Cheers guys.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
Top of the hill on sheffield road theres a car park. Park there, walk past the gate up the hill, take your first right and follow that track down hill to the jumps.

ftgalex

Likes Bikes
I'm still trying to get my head around how you can claim this place as a "downhill area". its not your land.:confused: and its not like the place is maintained that well. Half assed over grown tracks with pathetic drainage. How the hell can you tell people not to build more down there, people who could probably build decent trails, when it hasn't been done properly to start with?

Once again, if you dig on public land, you have to accept that everyone else will also have a say in what gets dug.

Jimass

Eats Squid
alex, if you wish to ride dirt jumps, ride proper dirt jumps, or find you're own secret place to dig.
All the post you've made in this thread have been nothing but pissing and moaning, quit complaining. You should be thankful to have somewhere to ride anyway.