Derby in Tassi

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So the infamous 'CRACK HOUSE' was up for auction today, they were wondering if it would have cracked the million $ mark.

1.3 Million !!!!

ozzybmx

Bonkers. That's either 'South Hobart Audi Q8 with a shingleback' money, or mainland property developer money.
Yeah its bloody expensive. Good spot though, lake, pump track, trailhead, bottom of the shuttle road and food/coffee only 100m away.

10-12yrs back, it would have been 30k for the house and land :p

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
So the infamous 'CRACK HOUSE' was up for auction today, they were wondering if it would have cracked the million $ mark.

1.3 Million !!!!
Not impressed. Derby will become out of reach of a lot people with this trend. There is a lot to like about that spot, but there is no way a $50/night option is going there. I do not have the vision for a utopia in Derby but it is turning into a dystopia now

ozzybmx

Not impressed. Derby will become out of reach of a lot people with this trend. There is a lot to like about that spot, but there is no way a $50/night option is going there. I do not have the vision for a utopia in Derby but it is turning into a dystopia now
Buying there has been out of reach for a few years.

The only place near $50 a night is the Dorset Hotel with a single bed room and shared amenities. Free camping is always an option.

A brewery and accommodation would be awesome but as you said, it won't be cheap.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
It's unfortunate, and maybe some of the other MTB developments will help a bit, but I suppose it's a bit of a two edged sword and a reflection of the original investment in the trails themselves. The trails were built to lift the local economy, the area becomes a big attraction, there's no accommodation or amenities, the market fills the void and invests, the prices go up.

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
Costs nothing when its an hour away! Stuff accomodation costs.. beer prices are the crime behind the crime.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Looks like the trailhead development is going ahead in Kewarra Beach (other side of Smithfield Trails). World Trails have started on a $27,000 trail plan to present to Government too which is positive!

The trailhead will be part of a resort with a water park, camping, and mtb village.

Of course we still need Gov to step up with real cash to build the trails.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
World Trail seem to do a lot of the feasibility studies, I wonder do councils get them in at the start to get big name kicking the project off ?
I hope it carries enough weight to push them into action.

They're all excited and 10% for it until you ask for real money. Maybe we should tell them we want $6m for the car park?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Yes, that's a crazy price. I'll be interested in what they do with it. It's a pretty big block and it has a great location.
ROI wont be anytime soon. Unless its a licensed premises, and then itll only take 50 schoonerz of the bitterest sourest latest craft ale with Botanicals added, to put the owners back in black.
Rumour is its going to be a bicycle mechanic Shop called The Midas Touch...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
World Trail seem to do a lot of the feasibility studies, I wonder do councils get them in at the start to get big name kicking the project off ?
Honestly, World Trail are probably the only/one of very few who have a big enough team and have built up the planning (rather than digging) experience to do the feasibility/master-planning stuff. More community/parks authority engagement, environmental surveys etc than building sick lips and shralpable corners.