Derby in Tassi

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Just booked flights and Campervan for Feb 3rd for 4 days........ Gotta book some uplifts now and its all sorted.
Cant wait...... really need a holiday!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Question for you's locals or those who have ridden there before. We head over as a family in about 3 weeks time, can the missus get access to shuttle point drop offs ? Like the 40km Blue tire decent carpark ?

http://www.ridebluederby.info/uploads/3/0/9/7/30972481/northeasttassie2_a3_v7.pdf

She will be hanging around while the kids and I ride a few trails, then she'll piss off and do some local coffee drinking and looking around while I ride some on my own.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Yes no worries about access to the blue tier and Atlas as long as she's fine driving on gravel, some nice walks the wife can do while you ride. It's also not to bad to link blue tier and Atlas together with a bit of a road climb from Weldborough about 40km all up for the day back to Derby.
The new shuttle runs from Derby that should be open when you get here are really 4wd only as it's a rough track but they can all be ridden quite easily if you don't mind climbing.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The drives in Derby were fine in a 2wd, but the hollybank shuttle required some skilful driving due to the condition of the road at the top

ozzybmx

Cheers ! I'll work out the route for her... or if there's a shuttle leaving around the time we get there, I'll grab it.

Just looking to see what they are like, only taking a HT as we are touring around the island for a month and dont want to worry about $$$ bikes on the van or at caravan parks when we are doing non-riding stuff.

Hollybank is planned for visit and either a climb/decent of Mt Wellington on the roadie or the Mt Wellington North South track http://www.ridetassie.com/north-south-track.html

The rest of the rides will be adhoc or for getting around towns ect.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Cheers ! I'll work out the route for her... or if there's a shuttle leaving around the time we get there, I'll grab it.

Just looking to see what they are like, only taking a HT as we are touring around the island for a month and dont want to worry about $$$ bikes on the van or at caravan parks when we are doing non-riding stuff.

Hollybank is planned for visit and either a climb/decent of Mt Wellington on the roadie or the Mt Wellington North South track http://www.ridetassie.com/north-south-track.html

The rest of the rides will be adhoc or for getting around towns ect.
If you are up the Northwest coast way and I'm free, I'd be happy so show you a few trails around my way.

Cheers

Chris

ozzybmx

Thanks Chris ! Would love to organise a ride but I have no idea where/when we are going to be places, except Hobart on a weekend apparently (some market?) sound like a perfect day for a ride. Might PM you if we are heading up that way for a few day's and see if you are free, cheers.

kiwijohn

Likes Dirt
Thanks Chris ! Would love to organise a ride but I have no idea where/when we are going to be places, except Hobart on a weekend apparently (some market?) sound like a perfect day for a ride. Might PM you if we are heading up that way for a few day's and see if you are free, cheers.
I'm in South Hobart if you want to go for a ride that ain't on the maps. Otherwise we ride wednesday nights from Cyclingo in South Hobart.

ozzybmx

I'm in South Hobart if you want to go for a ride that ain't on the maps. Otherwise we ride wednesday nights from Cyclingo in South Hobart.
Awesome ! Thanks for the offer kiwijohn, will see how we go for timing. Dont know whats been planned or when my free days are. Will just grab riding opportunities when they arise.

binner

Hath shat hymself
snakes on the upper

snakes everywhere.....

upper flickety n return to sender look like an ace run... too bad we got shut down

what a ride

juggerkunt, wow mind blowing

blue tier n atlas the shuttle was interesting

murders n suicide no one wins

Last edited:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
snakes everywhere.....

upper flickety n return to sender look like an ace run... too bad we got shut down

what a ride
Shit. I've got a two day trip booked in a couple of weeks with a mate....how bad were the snakes?
Don't stop for a drink anywhere? Practise my bunny-hops?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Heading to Derby this weekend for the gravity enduro. Two days of racing, weather is looking promising, can't wait!