Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
My dirty little secret is I screw these things together for pocket/bike money. The number of them that come back mutilated by nufties with no mechanical clue is mind blowing. There's actually a code on my charge sheet for re-threading cranks when Numnuts has tried putting the left pedal on the right hand crank :confused:.

Had one bloke come back complaining of a skipping chain. Took him and the bike out back, I jumped on and couldn't find anything. He jumps on, I'm listening for the clunks, nothing. He's adamant it's faulty. "It does it when I change gears"

Turns out he didn't know how a bike changes gears and the clunk was the chain landing on the next gear down :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My dirty little secret is I screw these things together for pocket/bike money. The number of them that come back mutilated by nufties with no mechanical clue is mind blowing. There's actually a code on my charge sheet for re-threading cranks when Numnuts has tried putting the left pedal on the right hand crank :confused:.

Had one bloke come back complaining of a skipping chain. Took him and the bike out back, I jumped on and couldn't find anything. He jumps on, I'm listening for the clunks, nothing. He's adamant it's faulty. "It does it when I change gears"

Turns out he didn't know how a bike changes gears and the clunk was the chain landing on the next gear down :rolleyes:
How do you rethread these things?

Cardy George

Garden variety thread tap, they're low grade steel, things shouldn't even be called bikes.

Had a BMX come back with the three piece crank snapped at the axle

Cardy George

Are you working in a sporting goods retailer?

Doesn't the tap change the ID?
Lol, nope. I used to be Night Fill Manager for the local Big W, stepped down to shelf filler coz I was sick of the shit hours and bullshit so started working for the company contracted to build their bikes (and other stuff) for the extra cash. Saves taking money out of the house budget for my fetish. In fact, last year it kept the house afloat while my wife wasn't working.

To be honest I haven't actually had to tap one yet. There's enough returned clunkers that I flog a crank off one of them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fair enough. I was imagining you doing casual work at the local Anaconda on top of the printing. The Anaconda here has a full bike workshop and some poor bastard trying to keep their inexpensive bikes running for people that have no idea.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bald tyres, rusty chain, rusty axle, rusty lots of things, busted seat, and blistered anodising on the forks...this one is a keeper!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes