Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I thought you got a red hot deal on yours? No? Either way, I think that a dear used V1 :p
I saved a few hundred off retail, I definitely wouldn't call the deal "red hot".

Full disclosure - for my '19 Sentinel Carbon frameset I paid $4900, down from a retail price of $5500ish. For a two year old frame.

Choices were buy it, or wait months for something else to maybe become available. It's probably the most I've ever paid for a frameset, but it's not exactly a buyer's market out there (Not griping here @xero - I appreciate you hooking me up - via Summit Melb - with a complete bike-stripped-to-frameset at short notice, below full retail, in peak-COVID shortage times - your customer service was much appreciated).

Ultimately, in my case I got a $600 saving off retail for a brand new frameset with warranty in a time where bikes generally are unobtanium (let alone ones I actually want to own or ride). I don't care what model year it is as I actually much prefer the look of the V1 frames, and I had it in my hands two days after ordering.

I think it's more than I've ever paid for a frameset, but the body didn't want to ride a hardtail again for a while so I splashed the cash. I don't think it was great value or a wise investment, but looking at the way prices are already trending in a year or two I don't think I'll feel too bad about it.

I don't like airing those numbers in public, but it's worth putting a figure out there on what those of us that don't have an industry connection actually pay for stuff. I get some folk might think I'm just some wanker dentist with too much money (I certainly ride like one), but bikes are my passion and my hobby and I live a pretty modest life so I can afford the bikes I own. But just assuming people are getting $2000 discounts when there's massive shortages and demand is ludicrously naive.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
USD?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
We are halfway through 2021, that frame probably came out in 2016. Hardly new. But ok point taken. TBH, if I was going to spoil myself with a Transition, I'd do like @beeb and get the expensive one too.

moorey

call me Mia
For a four year old frame, in a wheelsize I'd also have to buy another fork for, where the largest frame size still available is one that's too small for me? Thanks, big help.
What do you mean? It’s a better wheel size in a manageable size. :p
We all have our douche radars. I just think $3500 for a used, older model used carbon frame ticks the Covid radar.

moorey

call me Mia
I saved a few hundred off retail, I definitely wouldn't call the deal "red hot".

Full disclosure - for my '19 Sentinel Carbon frameset I paid $4900, down from a retail price of $5500ish. For a two year old frame.

Choices were buy it, or wait months for something else to maybe become available. It's probably the most I've ever paid for a frameset, but it's not exactly a buyer's market out there (Not griping here @xero - I appreciate you hooking me up - via Summit Melb - with a complete bike-stripped-to-frameset at short notice, below full retail, in peak-COVID shortage times - your customer service was much appreciated).

Ultimately, in my case I got a $600 saving off retail for a brand new frameset with warranty in a time where bikes generally are unobtanium (let alone ones I actually want to own or ride). I don't care what model year it is as I actually much prefer the look of the V1 frames, and I had it in my hands two days after ordering.

I think it's more than I've ever paid for a frameset, but the body didn't want to ride a hardtail again for a while so I splashed the cash. I don't think it was great value or a wise investment, but looking at the way prices are already trending in a year or two I don't think I'll feel too bad about it.

I don't like airing those numbers in public, but it's worth putting a figure out there on what those of us that don't have an industry connection actually pay for stuff. I get some folk might think I'm just some wanker dentist with too much money (I certainly ride like one), but bikes are my passion and my hobby and I live a pretty modest life so I can afford the bikes I own. But just assuming people are getting $2000 discounts when there's massive shortages and demand is ludicrously naive.
You’ve drawn a pretty long bow there, old bean. Certainly no disrespect intended. I’m not sure where most of that was implied in my comment. If you’d pay what he’s asking, sweet, you know a lot more about them than me. I wouldn’t, but that’s irrelevant. He was selling it earlier with Fox factory forks for very little more. That didn’t seem as bad.
Please accept my apology for perceived comments. I’m just a tight fisted and jaded old man who wishes he had a new alloy scout for that money :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Easy...I got a solid discount on my last bike flexing my industry muscles to press the big now button. Then a week or two later the dealer had an even bigger sale! My wallet ached for days.

moorey

call me Mia
Surely only a very brave or desperate human would buy these of Aliexpress, particularly given the bushings issues many are having…

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That is literally the next suburb over from me...

No I can't pick it up for you, I am out of town, rockclimbing ;)
I'd offer, but I'm doing a mate a solid and cleaning the laundry of his holiday house.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
A more realistic comment on my part would've been "I spend all my money on bike parts, and then can't afford to do anything else with my life"... :p
No that just sounds like your priorities are appropriately aligned. You can't ride a house.