Drivetrain noise - what to check first

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Forget handheld, setup the camera on a tripod, so we can enjoy the whole gory saga.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't recommend using the internet to search for "what should I be lubing"...
Fwiw I removed and regreased a threaded bb tonight, noise gone.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well @nathanm the bar is indeed set high. I am moist with anticipation at what hilarity you and UG bring forth to top that cracker.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Well @nathanm the bar is indeed set high. I am moist with anticipation at what hilarity you and UG bring forth to top that cracker.

Yeah nah I don't think you could ever top that story.

The only one I've ever read that was funnier was the time someone here waxed/shaved their asscrack .

nathanm

Eats Squid
So pulled the rear swing arm off and greased everything. bb off and regreased, seat post lubed. Some how managed to twist the chain up so off they came as well. Cassette is nice and tight as is derailleur. Visual inspection shows jockey wheels etc are all good and no visual damage or alignment issues. Shifting is crisp.

There does feel like excessive drag of the chain through the derailleur though and sounds a little rough.

Noise is still there, only when being pedalled though possibly not as bad. Sounds/feels engagement related so I've now exhausted my limited skills so off to the LBS.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
So pulled the rear swing arm off and greased everything. bb off and regreased, seat post lubed. Some how managed to twist the chain up so off they came as well. Cassette is nice and tight as is derailleur. Visual inspection shows jockey wheels etc are all good and no visual damage or alignment issues. Shifting is crisp.

There does feel like excessive drag of the chain through the derailleur though and sounds a little rough.

Noise is still there, only when being pedalled though possibly not as bad. Sounds/feels engagement related so I've now exhausted my limited skills so off to the LBS.
Photo of chain through RD please .....