eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I did some paper designs, and then made a prototype. Only issue I've found so far is keeping my battery pack attached. I think we should run a poll, my e-rider vs your motorcycle. Thoughts? Fuck man, yours is so shit I don't know where to start! Mine has a stereo and a hands free option, all in built! Doesn't even rely on blue tooth...

View attachment 324267

I hope to help your eyes. If the picture doesn't help, pm me your address and I'll post you a balm. Hand made here at the kennel...
Do you have two dogs or do you feed your one dog two types of food?

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While reading this comedy I received a CFA alert for hazardous material at Lysterfield...one can only hope the dickhead on the while electric monstrosity (much like the one in recent posts here, no the white one, not the one made of shit, although they do have a connection) has has a Lithium battery explode up their arse.
Bikes like that do not belong at Lysterfield.

Nambra

Bikes like that do not belong at Lysterfield.
They don't really belong anywhere except on private property because they can't be registered. A fire caused by a faulty lithium battery would not go down well in the bush either.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Sorry fella. Want to drop me your deets? I'll just check in with you for personal approval before I touch your trails. I hear chiffon trail enhancements and a fleshlight at the end of the run and the shit.
Just PM me, no issues at all.

If your building wooden features on illegal trails, land that does not belong to you, or on trails that are officially recognised, it's littering, pisses off councils and the rangers, leading tracks officially classed as illegal.

Most wooden features that aren't build by professional trail fairies are also badly build and dangerous.

That fleshlight sounds to promiscuous for my tastes, but thanks for the offer.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
^ Ivan...from what I'm seeing the average rider also skids way too much. In reality skids are probably the greatest enemy of the trail...average riders need to skid less. Lots less...especially in berms and steep chutes. You know who you are jerks!!!
Yo got it.

All this hating for e bikes when peeps should be looking in the mirror

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm clearly late to this game but based on recent reading it appears that the only MTB riders who want an e-bike are socially inept engineers who like to ride AM and DH but can't or won't climb...or even walk and/or push...

...it's making the XC and CX rider in me giggle like a cat on Red Bull...

A pedelec is fine but a DH pedelec is just fucking stupid.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for posting that. I was struggling to connect the dots. Well the electrons anyway.

This is going well.
Actually Dale, it is neuraltronics. I have wired up my rig (poo-rider) to work off my neural impulses converted to electro magnetic rays. In a sense I'm kind of like magneto, except my helmet isn't magic.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yo got it.

All this hating for e bikes when peeps should be looking in the mirror
And how pronounced is it at glenrock?! There is a lot of traffic there, and not enough dedicated trail maintainers. So many rookies ripping up the terrain. Not just on steep stuff either, even simple straights. The down fall of many a popular location I'm sure.

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
And how pronounced is it at glenrock?! There is a lot of traffic there, and not enough dedicated trail maintainers. So many rookies ripping up the terrain. Not just on steep stuff either, even simple straights. The down fall of many a popular location I'm sure.
Sounds like anyone riding at Glen rock is gonna need electric motorbikes now just get around. The poodletronic (you can use that, royalty free) should do the trick.

But seriously - thats a bait and switch if ever there was one. Does anyone think electric motorbikes are going to *improve* this situation?

Nambra

Does anyone think electric motorbikes are going to *improve* this situation?
Short answer is of course no; an 'electric motorbike' is no different to a MX or dirt bike in a legal sense. Just as MTB riders, councils and their park rangers take a dim view of petrol bikes on trails intended for walking / horse-riding / MTB, electric motorbikes need to be considered the same.

Whilst I 'get' the pedelec category of ebike, and there have been a couple of statements earlier acknowledging that they could be useful on MTB trails (DH self-shuttling and people with buggered knees etc.), electric motorbikes seem to be simply another option for those that would ride unlawfully on petrol powered motorbikes anyway. Not so much the tech as the person on it, but that's the same with bikes, cars, poodletronics and any other vehicle for that matter.

The only legitimate application I can think of for high-power electric motorbikes is as a replacement for petrol powered motorbikes on the road, in places like California where they are mandating the use of electric vehicles to reduce emissions. However, electric motorbikes would still have to comply with relevant design rules, have all the mandatory safety items (lights, indicators, horn and so on) and be a registerable vehicle in the same way that petrol powered motorbikes are.

I'm interested in the technology because electric vehicles have to be better than fossil fuel power, but I don't care for the early adopters who want to push the boundaries with flagrant disregard for the law and also put others at risk.

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I did some paper designs, and then made a prototype. Only issue I've found so far is keeping my battery pack attached. I think we should run a poll, my e-rider vs your motorcycle. Thoughts? Fuck man, yours is so shit I don't know where to start! Mine has a stereo and a hands free option, all in built! Doesn't even rely on blue tooth...

View attachment 324267

I hope to help your eyes. If the picture doesn't help, pm me your address and I'll post you a balm. Hand made here at the kennel...

Typical ebike vendor, trying to pass something off as cutting edge when it's using 25 year old battery technology.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Most of the vitalmtb vids on the opening page of rotorburn have endless main dude fast guys ripping up the trails, hanging the back tyre out bigtime. It is like the camera is rolling so I've gotta go ballistic.

And that is DH without a motor... it's only going to get worse with one... wreck the trails on the way up too.

At Lysty one day, I overheard an "expert rider" telling a bunch on nooooooobs on kmart bikes, to never touch the front brake, you might go otb... just use the rear brake... what a knobhead.

stirk

Burner
At Lysty one day, I overheard an "expert rider" telling a bunch on nooooooobs on kmart bikes, to never touch the front brake, you might go otb... just use the rear brake... what a knobhead.
Bwhahaha that's hilarious, I hope you corrected him with an endo.

[video=youtube_share;Qw66hL6KRDw]https://youtu.be/Qw66hL6KRDw[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.