eBikes - what's the current perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Mad wheel chair racer

There's more than a few disabled souls with cripple carts out there that have golf buggy motors in them. I know this because my Old Man got caught out trying to drag race what he thought was an innocent young fattie with cerebral palsy through the local Westfield. Young bloke apparently laid down two 6 foot strips past Suzanne Grae's before the Old Man had even twitched his throttle finger...
Must of been this bloke, my mate is racing down Bathurst ATM and come upon this bloke on the track.

bathurst.JPG

Then the lawnmower dude lost control on Forrest elbow

rideon.JPG

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Kudos to that person...very much kudos.

I bounced a Toyota Dyna tray truck very lightly off the wall just out of sight to the left below the Dipper back in 1988...good times!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Kudos to that person...very much kudos.

I bounced a Toyota Dyna tray truck very lightly off the wall just out of sight to the left below the Dipper back in 1988...good times!
I bet, anytime is a good time at Bathurst.
I just added the poor lawn mower dude that crashed into the wall also, if you haven't seen it.

silentbutdeadly

That's not Forest...unless it has been heavily developed!

A mate of mine railed the outside barrier on his arse trying to get a gal pipe framed steppie (owned by his then GF) round that corner at max speed but minimal brakes. Physics got the better of the bike and said mate (of substantial rugby union stature) essentially threw it over the barrier. The result was reminiscent of Dick Johnson's excursion there in the green Falcon...the steppie though did not survive.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's not Forest...unless it has been heavily developed!.
I haven't been to Bathurst for about 20 years. http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/02/04/man-hospitalised-after-bathurst-lawn-mower-crash/

A mate of mine railed the outside barrier on his arse trying to get a gal pipe framed steppie (owned by his then GF) round that corner at max speed but minimal brakes. Physics got the better of the bike and said mate (of substantial rugby union stature) essentially threw it over the barrier. The result was reminiscent of Dick Johnson's excursion there in the green Falcon...the steppie though did not survive.
Oooch!

silentbutdeadly

Actually...that'd be my time frame too. And now that I look at the images...yep that's Forest. Just high up on it. Old Mate has taken it deep and tight on the mower assuming that slow speed makes it ok but forgot there's no brakes and...bang...pretty much what happened to the steppie!

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Continuing on...

2nd good thing about e-bikes is they are an eco friendly form of commuting transport.

stirk

Burner
Continuing on...

2nd good thing about e-bikes is they are an eco friendly form of commuting transport.
Not even a human only powered bicycle is ecofriendly if you look at what goes into its production and maintenance when compared to feet.

Feet on the other hand.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Those ear cups look interesting...I was in kmart recently. I found a bra so big I could fit my whole head in a single cup. Who the fuck has titties that big??????????

bikeyoulongtime

Likes Dirt
Is that a Tesla bike?
Do you even have a colander in your house?

It's clearly the Flying Spaghetti Monster, stopping in for a pit break to deliver a message of utmost importance. I don't doubt that Tesla indulged in Pastaover, he was that kind of cat - obviously touched by His Noodly Appendage.

The fact that the Noodly one chose to appear in the form of Tesla's greatest fields of innovation is a message: Electricity is rad, and so are mountain bikes
The fact that He chose to *not* power said mountain bike by motor, but by His saucy noodliness alone, is also a message: Thou shalt not combine electricity, motors, and mountain bikes.

To do so is an abomination.
Ramen.

Status
Not open for further replies.