Electric Vehicles etc

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I wonder if they're buying front ends that have been ADR tested and then grafting custom commercial rear ends on.

That might explain the bizarre photoshop jobs. So essentially they'd be a conversion company not a manufacturer?

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Any new electric options to replace the utility for mountain biking that a regular person can consider? Eg sub $80k, decent load rating on the tow ball to take a bikerack
Not new, but

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Looks like a 50-something nerd with a penchant for quirky small cars and environmental virtue signalling wants to start an automotive brand.

@Haakon - when can we expect to see these hit the roads? :p
Not sure what their business plans are … Maybe it made sense on paper to import a gawky cheap Chinese body, slap some EV parts in it here and flog it off with a stupid name…. But massively misreads the Australian ute buying demographic!!!

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Not sure what their business plans are … Maybe it made sense on paper to import a gawky cheap Chinese body, slap some EV parts in it here and flog it off with a stupid name…. But massively misreads the Australian ute buying demographic!!!
Yes, in size, styling and performance. Max speed is 100kph.

Come on Australia, is that the best we can do?

Edit:
I did find this article....
Australian electric vehicles are an ACE option says Aussie entrepreneur. (energymatters.com.au)

Yes, it is Chinese made and assembled in Australia.

boyracer

Likes Dirt
I wonder if they're buying front ends that have been ADR tested and then grafting custom commercial rear ends on.

That might explain the bizarre photoshop jobs. So essentially they'd be a conversion company not a manufacturer?
Had a few conversations with this guy over the years. Seems to always be seeking HUGE gov't offered $$$ for setting up a manufacturing business in SA.
I have picked up a whole chassis 'pressing' for one of these... Carbon fibre and weighed 80 kgs. They are coming in CKD from China. Like a giant Lego set ...about 30-40 parts all go together to form the various iterations. Not ADR tested last time i checked ...

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
“impractical for the vast majority of Australian motorists”

Since most of the population lives in the coastal cities I would think it's the other way around.

You always hear from the anti EV brigade that EVs won't work as they can tow their 80-foot boat, twice across the Nullarbor on a single charge. Same unfounded claims here.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Might be looking at the Kia EV6 in the not-so-distant future.

Am getting a 19.3kW 3 phase solar system installed soon, and our current car is a problematic pos........