Enduro dh stage race 11/10/09 1.5h north Brisso

trailworx

Likes Bikes
The Gravity club are branching out, our members have been riding a bit more xc stuff lately, and we've been given access to some sweet Glen Jacobs designed trails:).
Enduro downhill (time trial) has been a huge success in Pommieland, so we're bringing it to Queensland on the 11th October, 1 1/2 hours north of Brisso at Traveston, south of Gympie.

It goes something like this, Ride your bike around our sweet singletrack, we'll time your 3 downhill runs per lap, and as long as you stay on time on the climbs, you'll be looking good. Between laps we'll give you a short rest to check your times against your mates, then you can get back into it, pushing as hard as you need to to beat 'em on total elapsed time.

The trails will suit a fit, technically skilled rider on a 4,5 or 6" travel trail bike, a hardtail or full xc rig will be just as fast, but not as fun;). Only masochists would enjoy riding a dh or freeride bike, even though the riders in this video are on dh bikes. Entries and more info will be online soon @ www.gravitymtb.org. Please let us know what you think and if you're up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzpkUlEL_wY

Stef

Likes Dirt
You guys have hit the nail on the head with this one! After doing the Mega Avalanche this year this is exactly what I'm after. +1 for a guaranteed entry I'll spread the word. Any chance of an open day? If you want to email me a flyer I'll put it up at TC's br33swm@hotmail.com

Stef

Timbers

Likes Dirt
Im there, all over it like stink on shit! please pm me the entry details, I need an excuse to get out of Vic for a bit, :D

tbass

Likes Bikes
Looks sweet. So whats the deal with these trails - are they open to the public at any other time?

T.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
I am keen, is there going to be categories and a prizes or just a fun event?
Also what other rules wil there be? are full faces mandatory etc?

cheers

brindog

Likes Dirt
Yes finally, sooo keen for it !!!

So is it just that whole run down timed, then a shuttle back up, or do you have to ride back up ??

That trail looks fun, and pretty fast on a Dher, but I wonder if it would be any better on a 5" trail bike ?

Bike choice would be critical.

trailworx

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the feedback guys, we're still nuttin' out the final details, but there will be different classes and prizes, prizemoney for elite men and women.
The trails aren't suited to DH bikes, 4 5 or 6'' is the go.
There are no shuttles, it's pedal power all the way.

There will be camping and dorm accom available, with hot showers and dvds on the projector sat night.

More info as it becomes available, but it is definitely a goer.

The trails aren't open to the public yet, the land is still private property, and the trails aren't fully completed yet.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rego'd - see you there guys - back to the homeland of Garapine - ahhh the soothing childhood memories of school camp... ;) I baggs first go on the flying fox if it's still there...

brindog

Likes Dirt
rego'd.
are you soposed to get an email telling you that you have registered ?

Can't wait, I'm pumped !!:D

EDIT: RECEIVED EMAIL VERIFICATION

Last edited:

trailworx

Likes Bikes
Checked out the trails today, 3 timed descents per lap, Special test 1- approx 5 mins (flowy and jumpy, youtube clip). Test 2- approx 3mins ( techy). Test 3- approx 5 mins (natural terrain).
Climbs are about 15-20 mins.
People are asking for more info about the racing, you'll be timed by the mat and chip method on the tests, time trial, 30 sec apart, most riders will be buggered after the tests, so the climbs will be casual. As long as you finish your lap in the alotted time, the climbs will not affect your overall points. But if you're not fit enough you won't have the energy to post fast test times, so fitness will be a major factor:(.

Saturday from midday we're having a beginners day, race entry covers this as well, there will be limited shuttles available:D, and tests 1 & 2 can be ridden.

Depending on numbers, classes should be Elite men, Elite women, Expert men, Expert women, Sport men, U/19, Vets and Masters. Prizemoney for elites, prizes for everyone else.

The riding is heaps of fun, come and give it a go;) Had a guy on a hartail keeping up to the 5 & 6'' duallys today, so xc bikes will be sweet.

redrocket

Likes Dirt
People are asking for more info about the racing, you'll be timed by the mat and chip method on the tests, time trial, 30 sec apart, most riders will be buggered after the tests, so the climbs will be casual.
What is the mat and chip method?

redrocket

Likes Dirt
electronic system where the rider wears a chip on thier ankle and time is recorded as you cross a signal mat at the start and end of each stage.

This is very common in running, tri and road racing.

perfect answer. i actually googled it and came up with nothing.

in regards to the climbs, will there be an advantage for the super fit people to get up the top much faster than average? or will it be a case of 90% people make it up there with no penalty and only the unfit or those on big bikes who will get penalised?