Enduro dh stage race 11/10/09 1.5h north Brisso

Timbers

Likes Dirt
not going to make it now I am waiting for bones to mend, but I reckon You Yangs in Vic would be a perfect location for one of these gravity stage races;)

Stinky

Likes Dirt
perfect answer. i actually googled it and came up with nothing.

in regards to the climbs, will there be an advantage for the super fit people to get up the top much faster than average? or will it be a case of 90% people make it up there with no penalty and only the unfit or those on big bikes who will get penalised?
The fitter you are the more recovery time you will have before the next run. The times we allow to get up the hill should be achievable.

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Price drop

Big news guys, we have revised some of our operations and are now able to offer the day of racing for just $45 for MTBA members.

We will also have an elite prize pool to make a Norba race look bad (or worse than it already does) $700 will be in the prize pool for elites with great product prizes for the rest of the catergories.

Catergories are:

Elite
Expert
Vet / Masters
Junior
Women.

Remember that Saturday is a beginners day, not a shuttle day so bring along your partner or non-riding buddy and give them an intro to what you do.

redrocket

Likes Dirt
Big news guys, we have revised some of our operations and are now able to offer the day of racing for just $45 for MTBA members.

We will also have an elite prize pool to make a Norba race look bad (or worse than it already does) $700 will be in the prize pool for elites with great product prizes for the rest of the catergories.

Catergories are:

Elite
Expert
Vet / Masters
Junior
Women.

Remember that Saturday is a beginners day, not a shuttle day so bring along your partner or non-riding buddy and give them an intro to what you do.

Thats excellent news!

will the start of a lap be at the bottom of the hill or at the top of special stage 1?

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Just registered. Im down for both days but will have to see how i go on the Sat as im still recovering from dislocating and breaking my shoulder at the practice day at Duck Creek.

There should be 4 of us comming up.

How many are registered so far?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well today is the 4th of Octoder, so we will know after the 11th of October. :)

I'm age 34 and have only been in a couple of enduro team races. What category would I be riding in ie. verterans / masters or something else. I don't feel that old.

trailworx

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys we're opening the track at 8.30 on Sunday, the first rider will head out on the first race lap between 9.30 & 10.00.
Riders can practice before racing if they please, as long as their legs and lungs can handle it.
The 2nd lap will be awarded twice the points of first lap, so if you don't get practice in, you still have a good chance of making points on guys that did practice.
Saturdays fun/beginners day will kick off at midday, all three tests will be open for racers to ride as well.

Approx test times
1 5min
2 5min
3 8min(1.5 km fire road pedal at end to make it even between XCers and DHers)

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all that came along and gave this new format of racing a shot. I think that everyone had a pretty good time doing something different and riding on some new trails.

Results are attached. We had a few timing issues, mainly with people forgetting to ride over the mats at the end of each run, but as we said at the start of the day it was always going to be a learning day for us and the timing company.

PM me if you think that any of your times are incorrect and we can have a look at them.

Attachments

Really fun day!
Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers, especially for a new/ different style of event.
Trails were great, looking forward to doing it again even if my legs are not.

Last edited: