Flow Rollercoaster by Rocky Trail - NSW ALL Mountain State Series + Championships

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Hows the tracks holding up? dusty dry tacky? Many people there?
Should rain tomorrow so i may bring DH bike too. Figured you did DH trouble as your sig suggests, ill say hi if i see you though!

:juggle:

So is anyone taking two bikes up??

Camby88

Likes Dirt
trying to leave around 530/6am. I have got to double check the bike tomorrow, give it a clean and lube, maybe swap my front 2.2 to the rear and chuck on a new 2.3 on the front instead of 2.2FR 2.0R i have on there now.
Yeah if it rains you will want the big stuff. though im thinking of putting some AM tyres on the DH bike for the state dh track.

You'd get up there at 7:30 then, that's early.... ! I'll only be with one friend this time, so we may run into each other more...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Yeah if it rains you will want the big stuff. though im thinking of putting some AM tyres on the DH bike for the state dh track.

You'd get up there at 7:30 then, that's early.... ! I'll only be with one friend this time, so we may run into each other more...
Yeah if you wanna team up for the rides up that would be sweet. Can go scope lines etc. might sneak up with my camera too so could try to get some shots Pre race if you want.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should rain tomorrow so i may bring DH bike too. Figured you did DH trouble as your sig suggests, ill say hi if i see you though!

So is anyone taking two bikes up??

Hahah I should change it, haven't have a dher for a long time. Nor been on these forums either. Noted that if I had a dher I'be be taking both my stumpy and dher. If you see me please say hi, I'm going up on my own, not sure if anyone I used to ride with will be there so it'l be good to meet some people. Happy to ride some practice with people and ride up too!

Camby88

Likes Dirt
Hahah I should change it, haven't have a dher for a long time. Nor been on these forums either. Noted that if I had a dher I'be be taking both my stumpy and dher. If you see me please say hi, I'm going up on my own, not sure if anyone I used to ride with will be there so it'l be good to meet some people. Happy to ride some practice with people and ride up too!
No Probs, though there will be a few ppl on stumpy evo's, that'd be my choice of ideal bike for the series... I'm on an 07 stumpy. what will you be wearing?

Banjo pm me your number or give me a msg on 0431 956 8 two 5 I don't have your number I don't think!

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No Probs, though there will be a few ppl on stumpy evo's, that'd be my choice of ideal bike for the series... I'm on an 07 stumpy. what will you be wearing?

Banjo pm me your number or give me a msg on 0431 956 8 two 5 I don't have your number I don't think!
If its cold a tld race kit pants white red. If it's warm just black shorts and a dark jersey of sorts. (I'm laughing cause thats going to be probably 75% of the people riding). My stumpy evo is black with yellow fluro stripes haha

ronster44

Likes Dirt
That was one hard day two total different tracks, four crashes two on my race run, got attacked by a rough cicada on my race run, and the worst injury I got all day was walking down the track I roll my ankle thats racing. But I still had fun I think.

Last edited:
Totally love the downhill track, I thought it was long in practice and on Saturday but when I made my timed run it felt so short and quick.

Such a fun day out today, looking forward to Thredbo now and some chair lifts.

Andrei

Likes Dirt
That was such a wicked day. The tracks were super sweet. And everyone was coolas fark. Thanks for the great day out guys!!

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My first race back after 2 years (only ever raced downhill prior). I have to say the vibe and organisation was fantastic.

I made a rookie error of too many practice runs and got muscle cramps during my race runs. I loved the downhill track, a good example of a enduro race.

Side note; I had trouble getting my ticket to scan at the bottom of a track, but I think it's just a new system that takes a bit to get used too. (Yes I tried it in the practice runs with no troubles).

PS.If you ever feel like getting rid of the uphill pedals, I have no problems if you do :)

Thanks for a really great event. I look forward to shredbo

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Great to see the results! And pretty impressed with my 15th overall in Expert, considering I had 2 offs on the DH track... Damn sandy berms and sand-pit rock gardens ;) :D Was hoping for a top 5, and probably would have got it without the stacks!

Well keen for Thredbo now, just need to see if I can figure it around work...

And regarding Thredbo, has anyone ridden the new trail yet? Which bike would be the best bet? Lightweight 6" AM, or 8" Full on DH? (I know which bike I'd choose on the main DH trail ;) )

Last edited:

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Its only showing Ourimbah results for 2013 in that link above...

Edit: Working now! cheers!

Last edited:

markb84

Likes Dirt
Pretty pleased with my result, 39th in Expert which means I was quicker than 6 people. For my first race I've gone away happy.
Definitely could have done better on the flow track but didn't have the legs by then. Glad they made the late change to the DH track, made it much better than the practise run. Excellent day overall.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I chickened out of the DH and dropped from expert to the sport category... only problem is my result stayed in expert, I'm only in it for fun but I was 32 in expert (same as ourimbah) except I didn't ride the DH or 4th in sport so i dont want to rake anything away from the guys who commited to both tracks. other than that What an awesome day out at Del Rio yesterday, got a stack of pics so keep an eye out soon for those.
Here's a sample

If anyone knows the rider in the last pic tell him I have a whole sequence of this wrong turn... Ill give him a chance to explain!

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

I'm quiet gutted with my result.
Here is a lesson kiddies: have a look at the finish line and find out were to swipe your tag to finish.
I was kinda expecting someone to be standing there again telling me to do so but there wasn't and I rode past the gate...
in the end I wasted 15 seconds on trying to get back to it, I ended up 14th overall but with that extra 15secs could of given me 6th or so....
lesson learned.

Bring in Thredbo